Friday, June 23, 2017

Nebraska Dem Party Official CAUGHT ON TAPE: “I’m Glad He (Scalise) Was Shot, I Wish He Was Fucking Dead!”



From Circa:
A Nebraska Democratic Party official was ousted Thursday after audio recording surfaced of him making offensive remarks about U.S. Rep Steve Scalise. 
Phil Montag, former co-chair of the state party’s technology committee, said he wished Scalise was dead. 
I’m glad he got shot. I’m not fucking saying that in public. I wish he was fucking dead. —Phil Montag, former co-chair of tech committee 
Montag was relieved of his volunteer duties after Nebraska Democratic Party Chair Jane Kleeb received audio recording of Montag’s comments obtained by The World-Herald. 
“Wishing a Member of Congress or any individual dead is disgusting and has no place in our party,” Kleeb said. 
In an interview Thursday, Montag said he was “horrified” by the shooting of Scalise and all gun violence and that his words were edited to be taken out of context. 
“I did not call for the congressman’s death,” Montag said. 
Nebraska Democratic Party Chairwoman Jane Kleeb confirmed to affiliate FOX 42 News Thursday it was Montag’s voice on the recording.

No comments: