Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Evan Sayet: Donald Trump is America's first wartime president in the Culture War


From Ace of Spades:
This article was published a few days ago, but it's so on the nose that I wanted to make sure no one missed it. 
In it, Sayet lays out for the left and #NeverTrump why attempting to shame us for Trump's lack of dignity isn't having the effect they'd hoped it would. 
My Leftist friends (as well as many ardent #NeverTrumpers) constantly ask me if I'm not bothered by Donald Trump's lack of decorum. They ask if I don't think his tweets are "beneath the dignity of the office." 
Here's my answer: 
We Right-thinking people have tried dignity. There could not have been a man of more quiet dignity than George W. Bush as he suffered the outrageous lies and politically motivated hatreds that undermined his presidency. 
We tried statesmanship. Could there be another human being on this earth who so desperately prized "collegiality" as John McCain? 
We tried propriety - has there been a nicer human being ever than Mitt Romney? 
And the results were always the same.
GO READ THE WHOLE THING. 

The short answer is: We've tried all those things. And now, I guess we'll try WINNING!

3 comments:

Kid said...

Nice Bod

Anonymous said...

Dignity...you mean like Bill Clinton?

WC said...

What a beautiful playground.