Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A Fecalized Environment: What I Learned in the Peace Corps in Africa: Trump Is Right

Three weeks after college, I flew to Senegal, West Africa, to run a community center in a rural town. Life was placid, with no danger, except to your health. 
That danger was considerable, because it was, in the words of the Peace Corps doctor, "a fecalized environment." In plain English: s--- is everywhere. 
People defecate on the open ground, and the feces is blown with the dust – onto you, your clothes, your food, the water. 
He warned us the first day of training: do not even touch water. 
Human feces carries parasites that bore through your skin and cause organ failure. 
Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that a few decades later, liberals would be pushing the lie that Western civilization is no better than a third-world country. 
Or would teach two generations of our kids that loving your own culture and wanting to preserve it are racism. 
Last time I was in Paris, I saw a beautiful African woman in a grand boubou have her child defecate on the sidewalk next to Notre Dame Cathedral. 
The French police officer, ten steps from her, turned his head not to see. 
I have seen. I am not turning my head and pretending unpleasant things are not true.
MORE.

No comments: