Monday, January 28, 2019

Marco Rubio on NBC: I Will Fight President Trump Declaring National Emergency Over Border Security



TODD: You have said you are opposed to the national emergency option. In three weeks, I know you have no appetite on either side of the aisle for another shutdown. So if that’s the only way to keep the government funded, he goes national emergency, how defiant are you on this option? Will you fight the president on this or not?

RUBIO: I don’t think it’s a good I think it will be a terrible idea. I hope he doesn’t do it.

TODD: But would you fight him on it?

RUBIO: Sure. Because I think it’s important. Look I don’t think we will have to fight. I’m not sure they will do that. I know it’s an option they looked at. But now you are at the mercy of a district court and ultimately an appellate court. It may not withstand if you look at some of the other rulings we have seen. The other is the precedent it would set. It’s not a good precedent to set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One wonders if Trump's reopening of government for three weeks (to negotiate in good faith) is actually to buy time ....in anticipation of Ruth Bader Ginsburg's condition improving or declining thus predicting balance of Supreme Court should Rubio/open borders seek court opposition

Anonymous said...

OT...
via Gab
https://gab.com/Amber/posts/47191097
"I may be wrong, but...maybe I'm not?
The "Countering Disinformation and Propaganda Act" included in the National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2017 that Obama signed.
It expired Dec 2018
$160 million / 2 years / 1000 journalists laid off. Come out to $80k annual salary & benefits. Coincidence?

UKDailyMail: BuzzFeed UK is cutting almost half of all editorial roles amid a sweeping restructure of its London office
BuzzFeed staff tweet that 17 of its 37 UK editorial staff set to be made redundant
The journalists producing its well-known listicles and quizzes set to bear brunt
UK editor-in-chief Janine Gibson left her post suddenly ten days ago
Website also cutting 250 US jobs - while 800 going at HuffPost, Yahoo and AOL