Sunday, May 03, 2020

Apple Data Shows Shelter-In-Place Is Ending, Whether Governments Want It To Or Not


This corresponds to my own personal observation:
Bye-bye shelter-in-place. Hello re-opening. 
Apple’s Mobility Trends report shows that traffic in the US and other countries like Germany has pretty much doubled in the past three weeks. It had been down up to 72% 
And location data provider Foursquare says that gas and fast food visits are back to pre-COVID-19 levels in the American Midwest. Rural areas are following the same pattern. 
“Gas station traffic has returned to pre-COVID-19 levels in the Midwest, and in rural areas throughout the country,” Foursquare said yesterday in a blog post. “Foot traffic to quick service restaurants (QSRs) has risen over the past several weeks.” 
Whether governments, medical professionals, and scientists want it to or not, people seem tired of the shutdown and eager to get back to some semblance of normal life.

5 comments:

Redneck Texan said...

That pretty much reflects what I've seen on my daily drive.

Rednecktexan said...

I wonder if they can tell that speeds have increased with cops reluctant to pull anyone over?

I recently discovered my pickup cuts off at 100.

Pastorius said...

I'm pretty sure they can tell.

What do you mean your pickup cuts off. Does the engine shut down?

Rednecktexan said...

It starts intentionally misfiring.

It wont let you get above 100, but you can do 99.9 no problem.

It a factory speed limiter. I think its common on all vehicles these days.

It can be defeated with a computer tuner ..... but its probably a good thing to leave it alone.

I had some dude intentionally slowing down when he got beside another vehicle just so I couldn't pass him.

In a fit of road rage I utilized the right shoulder and stood on it going across a long lake bridge. When he saw that he floored it trying to get back in front of me. But wasn't as willing as I was to hang at 100. A dick sizing contest you know ..... for idiots like me.

Its the first time I've pegged 100 since I was 17.

.... but traffic in general has been moving about 85 on the interstates lately.

Pastorius said...

Sounds like something I would do.

:)

Fastest I've ever gone in my car - 120

Fastest on my motorcycle, only 90.

I'm no speed demon on the bike.