Tuesday, March 02, 2021

‘I don’t want the vaccine’: Jamaican running champ Yohan Blake insists he ‘would rather miss the Olympics’ than take Covid-19 jab

Sprint star Yohan Blake has said he is staying "strong in his mind" over taking a Covid-19 vaccine and would rather miss the rescheduled 2021 Olympic Games than receive a jab – even if it’s made obligatory for Games participation. 
The former men’s 100m world champion has revealed that his strident stance on not getting a Covid-19 jab hasn’t changed, stressing that even the threat of not being allowed to compete in Tokyo wouldn't dissuade him from rejecting one. 
The four-time Olympic medalist said he had his “own reasons” for abstaining from the Covid-19 vaccination program and wouldn’t be drawn into specifying his fears and doubts surrounding the jab. 
“My mind still stays strong – I don’t want the vaccine,” Blake said after competing at a local event in his homeland. 
“I would rather miss the Olympics than take the vaccine. I am happy. I don’t want to get into it right now, but I have my reasons.”
GRTWT.

2 comments:

midnight rider said...

I, too, would rather miss the games (Wild Turkey, cigars, and black coffee Triathlon) than take the jab.

Pastorius said...

Man, that's a lot to give up.

:)