Israel’s national memorial event marking two years since Hamas’s brutal October 7, 2023, onslaught — in which over 1,200 people were killed and 251 taken hostage — has begun in Tel Aviv, drawing some 30,000 attendees.Here's more on Sky News, and on Israel National News. This was an utter disaster that will take years to recuperate from.
The ceremony, organized by Kumu (“Rise Up”), a movement founded by families of victims, hostages, and survivors of the attack, is being held at Yarkon Park, Tel Aviv’s largest outdoor venue.
Speakers include former hostage Omer Shem Tov and Anat Angrest, mother of hostage Matan Angrest, alongside performances by Israeli artists Yuval Rafael, Idan Amedi, and more.
Unlike last year, the Israeli government chose not to hold an official state memorial, instead designating a national day of remembrance on the day after Simchat Torah — the Hebrew anniversary of the massacre — on the 24th of Tishrei, which this year, falls on October 16. As a result, Kumu’s event has become the country’s main memorial ceremony for the October 7 attacks.
All of us, every single man, woman, and child on the face of the Earth were born with the same unalienable rights; to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And, if the governments of the world can't get that through their thick skulls, then, regime change will be necessary.
Tuesday, October 07, 2025
National memorial for October 7, 2023
Sunday, April 09, 2017
Palm Sunday 2017 Carnage In Egypt
![]() |
| Coptic Church north of Cairo, 04/09/2017 |
According to Reuters:
Bombings at Egyptian Coptic churches kill 36, injure more than 100Read the rest HERE.
At least 36 people were killed and more than 100 injured in bomb attacks on two Coptic churches on Palm Sunday, in the latest assault on a religious minority increasingly targeted by Islamist militants.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attacks, which come a week before Coptic Easter and in the same month that Pope Francis is scheduled to visit Egypt.
The first bombing, in Tanta, a Nile Delta city less than 100 kilometers outside Cairo, killed at least 25 and injured at least 78, Egypt's Ministry of Health said.
The second, carried out just a few hours later by a suicide bomber in Alexandria, hit the historic seat of the Coptic Pope, killing 11, including three police officers, and injuring 35, the ministry added.
Pope Tawadros, who had attended mass at Saint Mark's Cathedral, was still in the building at the time of the explosion but was not harmed, the Ministry of Interior said.
The bombings come as Islamic State's branch in Egypt appears to be stepping up attacks and threats against Christians....
Will President Trump speak about or Tweet about this using the term "radical Islamic terrorism"? If he avoids using that phrase, we then have a clear indication that McMaster is significantly influencing our President and his policy with regard to Islam.
Sunday, August 07, 2016
Eighteen Years Ago Today
US EMBASSIES IN KENYA AND TANZANIA BOMBED 18 YEARS AGO TODAY
Today marks the anniversaries of two of the most well known terrorist bombings in US history. On August 7th, 1998 our U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by radical Islamic Jihadist groups affiliated with Al Qaeda and others.
The terrorists used trucks packed with explosives which smashed through the gates of our embassies in each country. They were set off almost simultaneously between 10:30 AM and 10:40 AM. The bombs killed approximately 212 people and injured 4,000 more in Kenya while the bomb in Tanzania killed 11 and injured 85.
12 Americans were killed. Though the attacks targeted American embassies, the majority of those killed were natives. This is the same pattern that Al Qaeda continued to follow in Iraq and Afghanistan, willingly slaughtering innocent civilians for a chance to get at US troops.
Remember these tragic attacks and let them remind us that the War on Terror did not start on September 11, 2001, nor even with these bombings in 1998, it goes back much further. For decades, these Jihadist groups have been targeting US and Israeli citizens...and they show no sign of stopping.
While President Obama talks about having Al Qaeda and ISIS on the run, we have seen more terror attacks during his administration. The terrorists remains bent on killing Americans and westerners while Obama continues to claim that global warming represents a bigger danger to America.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
This Day in Islamic Terrorism: The 1998 Coimbatore Bombings
The latest installment of the This Day in Islamic Terrorism series.
Mumbai was nothing new to India. Jihad has been ravaging that region for over 1000 years. The first attempted invasion of India by Muslims occurred in 636 CE -- under Caliph Umar, within four years of Muhammad's death.
"The massacres perpetrated by Muslims in India are unparalleled in history, bigger than the holocaust of the Jews by the Nazis; or the massacre of the Armenians by the Turks; more extensive even than the slaughter of the South American native populations by the invading Spanish and Portuguese."
This is one such occurrence 11 years ago today.
The bombings were apparently in retaliation to the earlier riots in the city the previous year, when Hindu gangs and Fundamentalist Muslim groups clashed with each other following the murder of a traffic policeman named "Selvaraj" , by a member of the radical Islamist group Al Umma (The Ummah).
The first of the serial bombs exploded at 3.50 p.m. on Shanmugham Road in R.S. Puram, 100 metres from the venue of an election meeting that was to be addressed by Bharatiya Janata Party president L.K. Advani. There were allegations that suicide bombers were ready to target L.K.Advani on that day.
(Pictured Left) On West Sambandam Road in Coimbatore, bodies of two victims of one of the 13 bomb explosions that rocked the city on February 14.(Right) BJP president L.K. Advani, whose election meeting in the city was cancelled following the explosions, at the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital. In the foreground, a woman mourns the loss of her son.

Convictions.
S.A. Basha and 34 other persons have been convicted for the conspiracy of bomb blasts in Coimbatore, India for a life term. There were 4 bomb blasts in Coimbatore on 14th February 1998. There were 12 blasts in which 54 innocent people died. One of the suicide bombers was to target L.K. Advani, however he did not activate the bomb which was aimed at L.K. Advani as Advani’s flight was delayed and had not reached the venue of the meeting on the fateful day. Basha was head of Al Umma, an extremist organization in Tamil Nadu formed in 1993, which had been accused of masterminding the bomb blasts. Till the eighties, there were hardly any extremist organizations in Tamil Nadu. However, after the demolition of Babri Masjid in 1992, Islamic extremism spread to Tamil Nadu and Al Umma was one such organization.
