Monday, February 06, 2006

I Am A 16 Year Old Girl From Pakistan Who Needs Your Help

Here's a letter written by a sixteen year old Pakistani girl to the guys at Faith Freedom:


Sir My Name is xxxx (Please Hide My Name) and I'm sixteen year old girl from xxxx, NWFP (North West Frontier Province) Pakistan. Almost 1 week ago I saw your website from my friend.

Sir I Have one very big trouble which I think you can solve. Sir I think I am Muslim and that's why you hate me but I maybe of your daughter or sister's age. Only a non-Muslim better an ex-Muslim can help me

Sir I live in an extremely conservative society. here in NWFP. Pakistani women don't have any rights. Here in our town there is only 1 girl's school where the dress is to wear a burqa.

Sir my trouble is after 2 months (i.e. 1st week of November) my parents are going to marry me with my cousin who is almost twice my age and already has one wife. I am only 16 and according to Pakistani law my wedding is illegal.

My going-to-be husband is illiterate and son of a mullah. I DON'T WANT TO MARRY HIM.

My friend married a man who already has 2 wives in advance. He beats her regularly like animal and without any reason. He even rapes my 16 year old friend.

Sir in NWFP the practice of polygamy and female torture is considered to be a symbol of mardangi (man hood). I know that my future as an Muslim women is same. Whole life I have to spend in his house. Here women are not allowed to go to market and not allowed to talk with other man. Muslims treat women like an animal

Sir I read the article of Qadir Sheikh. I also think that I have HINDU blood running through my veins rather than mughal blood. But I can’t express my feelings here; bcoz here if I declare myself as Hindu girl then Muslims will kill me.

Sir All y friends hate Islam and want to be HINDU. Here we see Indian TV serials in both Pak and Afgan and we see girls in India are more free than girls in Pakistan or Afghanistan. I can assure you that if there were no Muslim males in NWFP or Afghanistan then we all females would have been Hindu by now.

Sir I Am Frustrated and angry but the only thing I can do is cry and cry beating by chest like 95% of other Afghani and NWFP and Baloch Muslim women. I am living in a hell and Mr. Ali Sina can u rescue me from this HELL?

Here Muslims say that women have got a huge respect in QURAN but in reality women have got no respect. and all the money which a women get from her parents goes to her husband's family members.

Sir in here, girls are not sent to school but my parents sent me to school. I Cant reject my parent’s proposal to marry with a mullah's son. I got education and can write my problem to you but in here many girls can’t even say their trouble to anyone. The only thing they can do is cry.

Here if I get married to that evil man. I will be raped and beaten everyday. Sir I am a Hindu now and I want to leave Pakistan and go 2 India. I want to pursue my education and be a computer engineer and not a begum of an idiot. Sir please guide meI have only 2 months left.

I also started to read Bhagwad Gita on Net. That book helped me a bit but I think my future is totally black.

Sir I want 2 ask u that if God loves everyone then why he gave me birth in this hell.

Sir if I get married, I will commit suicide. I stopped eating cow but my family force me to read namaz 5 times. I appeal to all women’s organisations to take this matter seriously.

May Lord Krishna save you from the evil Allah


It hurts very badly to read this.

18 comments:

von Schlichtningen said...

It is terrible, terrible sad.

Any religion that encourages or even permits such a thing should be abolished.

Alas in most of these cases, it is mostly due to culture and stupidity.

I hope for a miracle to help this poor girl.

I just wrote an article about human rights and Islam on my website. I will make a link to this sad tale.

Pastorius said...

I look forward to reading it.

Always On Watch said...

This is heartbreaking. How many young girls and young women like this one are suffering like this? God have mercy on her!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry but I do not believe the authenticity of this letter, but I have no doubt that there are many in the situation that the post describes.

A 16 year old girl in North West Pakistan has computer access, a good command of english and according to her, there is only one conservative girls' school in her town. If she heard of Faith Freedom through a friend, in rural Pakistan no less, how could this friend be more web savvy than herself.

it really stinks, we should be above this

Pastorius said...

Yeah, I thought about how this could be a fake as well. We don't know, do we?

J said...

i usually dismiss a lot of this as glurge, but considering the last two i've come accross (about the iranian girls executions) i have tended to take them slightly more seriously.

it doesn't hurt to post them.

Ivan Lenin said...

Thanks for the link, Pastorius.
Obviously, I can't authenticate the letter. However, I don't think what Anon mentioned is a contradiction.
Just because a Pakistani family treats their women like crap, doesn't mean they don't have Internet or cable. I visited rural Russia recently, and I can assure you that some things I saw there would seem impossible to a Westerner (and yes, they do have Internet). I can only imagine what rural Pakistan can be like.
Regardless of this letter's authenticity, do we believe young Muslim girls are forced to marry? That they are beaten and raped? That they're often illiterate?
Let's say this letter is a fake. Does that make the suffering of millions of Muslim women any less painful?

J said...

that was meant to say, 'but considering the last two i've come accross HAVE TURNED OUT TO BE TRUE'

Pastorius said...

Your points are well-taken, Ivan. And such thoughts were the reason I posted the letter, even though I could never know if it's true.

And besides, if this was written by a Hindu, where did he get these ideas from?

Hmm?

Always On Watch said...

Okay, maybe the letter is a fake. But isn't the scenario a real one?

Pastorius said...

Hi Eyes and AOW,
You know one thing I didn't make explicity clear in my header to this post is that this letter was written to Ali Sina at Faith Freedom International.

I trust that Ali Sina would know the difference between real and fake language, and situations, etc.

Now, that is not to say he couldn't be faked, or that he might not allow himself to be faked, but, he seems like a good man, and an intelligent man to me, so that's another reason I posted this letter.

Anonymous said...

For awhile there Pastorius I thought it was going to be one of those scam emails that would be perfect for this kind of situation.

Though I hope it comes from a sincere dear young girl who is a hostage in her own family and country I hope also it not a sham.
If not then I also greatly hope that this girl can be rescued. What a horrible life. This is the amplification of that film that VanGough was killed for. These fanatics need to be dumb/bitched slapped--big time.

John Sobieski said...

At Ali Sina's site Faithfreedom.org there are many letters similar. It's depressing to read them, especially from young women. It just proves my point, hating Islam is not racist. I have no problem with race and ethnicity, its Islam and the prison it creates for it believers and those who wish to be free of it.

Anonymous said...

One word in that letter convinces me that it`s not fake.....begum.Check out the history of the Moghul`s in India and the meaning of this obscure word.

Anonymous said...

I'm the original anon who doubted the letter.
The "girl" in the letter says this:
Sir my trouble is after 2 months (i.e. 1st week of November)
She correctly uses an abbreviation for the Latin id est, which means "in other words." That's more than a little sophisticated for a 16 year-old, non-native english or latin speaker, supposedly locked away in Tribal Pakistan.
The word "begum" would be known by Indian Hindus, who I still believe wrote this letter.

von Schlichtningen said...

This particular letter could be fake. But the story it tells is not. There are many stories like this. Enforced marriage even happens in the free world.

Recently a Danish/Pakistan girl was killed, for marrying against the family wishes, by her brother but seemingly with the whole family asking for her death.

Anonymous said...

Yes, there are many substantiated stories like this one. So I guess even a letter of, shall we say, "doubtful" origin, can raise the right awareness.

Anonymous said...

i can understand your problem but but you can't say about islam like that if you want to be hindu then you can but don't don't talk about islam okey