Sunday, February 19, 2006

Religion of Peace. If "Peace" Means Arson and Murder.

Religion of Peace. Religion of Benevolence. That's what everyone in the press and government keeps telling us.
Nigerian Muslims protesting caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad attacked Christians and burned churches on Saturday, killing at least 15 people [...] An Associated Press reporter saw mobs of Muslim protesters swarm through the city center with machetes, sticks and iron rods. One group threw a tire around a man, poured gas on him and setting him ablaze. [sic]
Hey that's peaceful. The peace of the grave but peace nevertheless.
Thousands of rioters burned 15 churches in Maiduguri in a three-hour rampage before troops and police reinforcements restored order, Nigerian police spokesman Haz Iwendi said. [...] "Most of the dead were Christians beaten to death on the streets by the rioters," Ezeoke [a Christian resident] said. Witnesses said three children and a priest were among those killed.
That's the second priest killed. You may remember the Italian priest shot to death in Turkey but a "youth".

CNN claims 16 dead and 11 churches burned to the ground. When will American churches start raising money to buy weapons for our besieged Nigerian brothers? I'll gladly give. I know about that turn the other cheek thing but I'm wondering if there's point when even Christ would say enough is enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm, while raising money for Nigerian Christians to buy weapons would be a satisfying thing to do, I think it kinda misses the point.

As it is written: "Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." John 18:36.

Which is actually the difference between us and them.

Anonymous said...

One of my profs here at Bible college is from Nigeria. He spoke with in-country relatives who put the number of deaths at 85+