Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Update on the crescent debacle: comment period now open

Error Theory's got an update on the Flight 93 Memorial and the very serious offence of attempting to build a design shaped like an Islamic crescent (see earlier topic for more). The website in charge of the project has now opened up a comment period where visitors can share their thoughts about the design.

If you've seen the design and what it's like, and seen that it's far from changed, and is more an attempt at camouflaging the crescent than in building a real memorial dedicated to the heroes of 9-11, that's why I too would strongly recommend posting a response there and making it clear that what's been planned so far is NOT acceptable. A most important question of all is: do the relatives of the deceased know what this is like, and, have they given their approval?

Again, I also reiterate that Paul Murdoch should be removed from the project and not allowed anywhere near it. If he is going to design memorials that are actually dedicated to terrorists, then he should not be employed to design memorials at all.

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Glad to see this posted here at IBA. Alec Rawls notified me about this, but I haven't had time yet to put it up at my blog. I hope to post it tomorrow.

Kiddo said...

I got a nice letter back stating that the design was modified to satisfy everyone. I should post THAT! If we were all satisfied, we wouldn't still be screaming about it!