Monday, August 07, 2006

Brand New Infidels


We have added some brand new Infidels recently, but I have been remiss in announcing our most recent brothers and sisters. I must apologize for this. Today, I will announce three. But, if you have recently become a contributor and I have not added you to the contributors list at our sidebar, will you please let me know, so I can catch up on my administrative duties?

Thanks.

Anyway, I am pleased to announce that Isaac Schrodinger (of the blog of the same name) has agreed to come help us out here. Isaac has an interesting bio, so here's a little info he sent along (at my request):


I was born in a Muslim family in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. So, I'm aLahori, a Punjabi, and a Pakistani. My family belongs to the Ahmadisect--a sect that is severly discriminated against in Pakistan.

My dad worked in Saudi Arabia, so I spent a little over a decade inthe desert Mordor where I attended a vicious Pakistani school.Later, I went to the US for the last two years of high school. In mylast year there, I became a member of the NHS. I graduated with highhonors.

Then I came to Canada (since it was affordable for my dad). During allthis time I was a Muslim, though a very bad one--I didn't pray orfast.

9/11 and the Muslim reactions to it shattered the last remains ofIslam in me. Since January 2002, I have been an ex-Muslim.In Q2 2006, I made a claim for refugee protection in Canada. It wasdecided that I have a valid claim.

Sometime in the future (the datehasn't been set yet), a hearing will be held where I will present mycase in front of three judges. Their vote will decide my case. If theysay, "No", then I'll be deported to Pakistan--a country where myhonesty will earn me a tight noose.


Here are four posts from Isaac's blog which explain his bio in more detail:

In Darkness

The Land Of Trinity

IX.XI

In Delirium


Next, I am happy to say that American author Laura Mansfield has agreed to come on and help us out here at IBA. Here is a little biography of Laura:


Laura Mansfield has over 20 years of experience dealing with issues pertaining to the Middle East. She is fluent in written and spoken Arabic, and has an excellent understanding of the complex cultural, religious, and historical issues. She spent nearly 7 years living and working in the region, for a wide range of clients including the United States Embassy, the United States Agency for International Development, and various international corporations. She was active in the embassy warden system, acting as a liaison betweenthe Embassy security office and her employer during the days of the Beirut hijacking.

Her other areas of specialization include web design and development, and internet security. She is proficient in a variety of programming languages, and has consulted for a variety of Fortune 100 clients throughout the past decade. She is happy to add her efforts to the war on terror.


Additionally, Canadian blogger, ScottSA of Light Horse, is now adding his considerable knowledge to our efforts here. ScottSA did not send along a bio, but you can read his first kickass post right here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Isaac and Laura.

This blog becomes more and more
interesting.

I visit every day.

patience and perseverance !!
.

Frank said...

Not much to say by way of bio for me; I spent some time in academia in the fields of history and political studies and am now self-employed and specialize in getting startup companies up and running while looking for a break in the field of writing.

I'd retire tomorrow if someone offered me a fraction of my current earnings to write.

I have done other more exciting stuff too, a couple decades ago.

Thanks for the intro.

Always On Watch said...

The more, the merrier--as the saying goes.

This is a premiere site, as far as I'm concerned. I try to check in every day.