Monday, August 21, 2006

"In True Islam"

A video at LFG!!!, "I, A Muslim." There are many parts that stand out. It portrayed gender apartheid really well.

I just finished watching it and I noticed an error in the subtitles. Around 9:09 to 9:13, one guy comments on the Muslim and atheist marriage: "In true Islam, it is not halaal."

Which means that in Islam such a marriage is not allowed.

Though, the subtitle incorrectly states: "In true Islam, it's not forbidden." Just ignore that small "not".

Interesting subtitles from 21:02 to 21:18:

...shots from Saudi TV, which I was watching while I was in the Emirates. There are instructions from different spiritual authorities on how to beat your wife in such a way as to not break too many bones, so that she still can work and serve the man.

"What the hell was I thinking?" That's a question that many female converts to Islam must ask themselves after learning The TruthTM.

2 comments:

Pastorius said...

Wow, thanks for the clarifications, Isaac.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that's realy stupid error, but I will leave it there, because fixing it will prompt Google Video to do another review ... anyway, thanks for correction.

BTW, contact email address for IBA does not work.