Friday, August 18, 2006

Submission: Part 2 - Muhammad Exposed

At last! The news we long waited to hear: next year, Hirsi Ali will start filming Submission Part 2 – with the support of the American Enterprise Institute.

"I gave them a proposal, in which I mentioned how I was going to represent the Prophet Muhammad in New York and have him talk to a number of Western thinkers, and they said, 'No problem.'"

She acknowledges the irony of being a feminist activist employed by an organization affiliated with the Republican Party.

"It is ironic, but I talked to different think tanks and it was only the American Enterprise Institute that said, 'We welcome controversy.' I would have total intellectual freedom."

The identities of her collaborators on Submission: Part 2 will remain anonymous.

"After Van Gogh's death, I've learned a lesson, and that is, you have to make a film without putting the identity of the people out there. You have to be smarter than the killers."

I am certain Muhammad hopefuls are swamping her. I wonder if any of Hollywood’s actors would have the gall to play the part…

2 comments:

Pastorius said...

I think Johnny Depp would make a fabulous Mohammed. I say we force him to play the part.

Yasmin said...

@Pastorius,

Hahaha...force him? Perhaps it's the only way he would accept. Personally, I think Al Pacino would make a great older Muhammad, judging by his performance in the Devil’s Advocate.