Monday, August 21, 2006

Today Is August 22nd, Or Is It?

I know, I know, it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway.

Right now, it is 9:00 AM California time. That means, according to this website, it is 7:30 PM in Teheran, Iran right now.

(I had no idea they divided time zones up by half-hours in other parts of the world. Damn, you learn some interesting stuff here at IBA :)

Anyway, that means we are very close to commencing the date August 22nd.

Do you think anything is going to happen? I, kind of, doubt it, but at the same time I am wondering. I have two friends flying on August 22nd, so Ahmadinejad's warning about this date is definately on my mind.

7 comments:

The Anti-Jihadist said...

Well, let's not get our hopes up. :)

Pastorius, I tried to send an email to IBLOGA@hotmail.com as is shown in the sidebar, but the email bounced back to me as invalid. Were you aware of this issue? Does ibloga have a valid email? I wanted to email you a question, which is why I asked.

Pastorius said...

How interesting. Thanks for filling me in.

Epaminondas said...

Hey, I have my dcuk tape, 300 lbs of textured vegetable protein, 200 lbs of turkey jerky (gotta be healthy after the apocalypse), 200 lbs of smoked fish, 100 lbs of camembert, 15 cases of Margaux, 6 winchesters, 3 high velocity rifles, half dozen Islraeli corner shooters, and everyone on the lane is more armed than me.

If we're still here tomorrow, everyone is invited over to consume the wine, chees, and smoked fish

Pastorius said...

Dude, you have some of them corner shooters?

Yeah!

Those'll be fun around a barbecue, huh?

Give me a bottle of Margaux and a corner shooter and that'll make my whole day.

Party at Epa's place. (Now, I'm happy the world isn't ending tomorrow.)

Myrddin Wen said...

Watch the thermonuclear flash live...

http://www.123cam.com/site.php?var=6540&site=http://www.po-ip.com/english/jerusalem/jerusalem-e.htm&titre=Israel%20/%20Jerusalem,%20SkyView

Rick Darby said...

Iran has half hour time zones? Is that true of the whole Muslim part of the world? Maybe they're still in the Middle Ages because time moves only half as fast there.

Pastorius said...

I think it's just another form of rebellion. They just can't do anything the way we do it.

They are sort of impudent, aren't they?

;-)