Saturday, March 21, 2009

Apartheid Discourse Spreading

From Nizo's Blog [Christine note: A gay Palestinian]

Nizo: I heard you just came back from Israel and Palestine, did you enjoy your trip?

Jamaican woman: I really enjoyed Bethlehem

Swiss woman: The Church of the Nativity must have been beautiful

Jamaican woman: The people were even more beautiful, and kind and generous. The Palestinians that is... not the other people.

Swiss woman: Oh, you mean, them

Nizo: The Israelis!

Jamaican woman and Swiss woman look around nervously

Jamaican woman: Yes, they are an arrogant people, and the way they treat the Palestinians is a disgrace.

Swiss woman: Well if Hamas didn't push Israel so much, Israel would be kinder to the Palestinians.

Jamaican woman: The Israelis are taking out their anger over the Holocaust at the Palestinians. They cage them like animals. Look at me, I'm black, I don't take out my anger at white people, even if they once owned black slaves.

Nizo: The territories were more open before the bombs were going off in the buses.

Jamaican woman: It's collective punishment! They should just go after the terrorists.

Swiss woman: I heard some areas are turning into South Africa at the time of apartheid

Nizo: Well, the historical circumstances are quite different though, considering all the wars between Israel and her neighbors..

Jamaican woman: No she's right, it's apartheid all over again! I saw it with my own eyes!

------

At this point I realized how silly I looked as a Palestinian defending Israel. Fuck Israel, what have they done for me lately? I'm joining in the fun!

------

Nizo: And we'll never hear about Israel's abuses because the pro-Israel lobby controls the media! and Hollywood! And if you dare criticise them you're branded an anti-semite!

Both women nod emphatically

No comments: