Sunday, June 21, 2009

How About a Little Cuteness In The Midst of All The Ugliness?

You'll recall the story of a week ago, a botched or foiled attempt by some dumbass to invade my home for reasons never known. And you'll also recall the hero of said event was one Good Infidel Dog owned by Daughter # 1.

Well, said canine critter will be returning to Philly tomorrow with said owner. My wife finally agrees having a dog again as a Dumbass Intruder Early Warning System is a good idea. Far less complicated than claymore's around the perimeter. So, while I'm on the phone with one Mr. Pastorius today my three offspring come rolling in with my Father's Day gift.

A Jack Russell Terrier pup.

Meet Murphy.


Because, especially around this house, if anything can go wrong, it will :)

7 comments:

Ellen K said...

Awww...he's a cutie. Do yourself a favor and have him microchipped. My husband frequently travels and my big beautiful female lab has a ferocious bark. We let her stay in the house while I am at work. I doubt anyone would willingly enter with her defensive demeanor. Dogs are great deterrents.

Always On Watch said...

Murphy is the perfect choice for a name. I love it!

And what a cute puppy!

Train him well.

Anonymous said...

You poor man! You have no idea what you are in for.

Yes, JR's are extremely smart.

Yes, they are excellent dogs.

Just one thing....change the name from "terrier" to "terrorist"!

LOL!

revereridesagain said...

Murphy's so cute with those laser-blue eyes! From what I've heard about JR's he'll make short work of any lurking hoodies.

Or whatever, heh...

Pastorius said...

Those dogs are hilarious. The way they jump up and down for no reason. You should name him Dennis Rodman.

Rebellious Kafir said...

Ahhh...I have a jack. Molly is almost 10 years old now and hasn't slowed down a bit. Technically she is a small dog, but you could never convince her. She knows she is ten feet tall and bullet proof.

Good luck with Murphy, just remember lots of exercise and balls to chase and you both should be ok...

Happy Father's day to all the fathers! :)

midnight rider said...

Right now he's a little narcaleptic. Was just sitting there and fell asleep, tipping over. But he's only 8 weeks or so and I know that will change.

Daughter #1's pooch is a Fox/Rat Terrier who stays with us a couple weeks at a time depending on the kid's work/class schedule. So I some experience with the energy level of terriers.

Sometimes I think a rubber room is what's needed. For them or for me, either way works ;>)