Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dammit, I really liked Charlie Rangel .. but he needs to GO

There are always a few guys you disagree with politically you really like to hear from.

It's a subjective thing. They're just your kind of assholes.

I like Carville but I can't stand Begala. Go figure.

I like Bob Beckel, who once observed there was nothing illegal about offering money to electors from Florida in 2000 to vote for Al Gore in the electoral college.

I like Bill Clinton even if I want to kick him in the goddamn ass every day .. I mean really, Bill.

I like Susan Estrich because she is unsparing with observation and uses her criticism as an urging to improve her targets

I like Doug Schoen and Pat Caddell who believe observing actual reality HELPS their party.

And I liked Charlie Rangel who always, after his service (a combat marine) managed to put partisanship in its place while remaining a partisan.

But dammit Charlie, you inched up past the Adam Clayton Powell line and you're a just another poltical thief who gave in to the temptation to use your longevity and position to seflishly rip off the rest of us and make us into schmucks. THAT is intolerable.

And illegal.

Please leave the house and go live in one of those 3 or 5 or 7 condos you said were all your prime residences.

Disappear.

Today.

So sorry, really, but you did your thing and now get out. I felt the same way about Cunnigham.

You'll be okay I think.

1 comment:

revereridesagain said...

Tell me about it. I was just beginning to think I'd been wrong about Gingrich, and he turns up running around the country with Sharpton.

What's that saying about knowing what a rattlesnake is when you pick it up?