Monday, April 26, 2010

Infidel Hunk of the Week Nomination

from Revere Rides Again

King Leonidas/Gerard Butler













And for you gym rats who want to know what it took to get into shape for that movie, here's Butler's workout:

The 300 workout is the latest in a growig tend of physical fitness towards more
naturalistic regimens. For example, to hasten Butler's mind-body transformation, there was created what he calls the "300-rep Spartan workout." For those who know, 100 reps is difficult even for trainers. But no athlete should begin at
300 reps. Strength should be built up. Use sofa and armchairs with hands wrapped
in oven mitts to duplicate classical warfare.

This workout is not for newbies or amateurs. Warm-ups and conditioning exercises with yoga poses are required to get muscles flexible enough to perform. The 300 workout has unarguable results. Experts strongly advise working with a trainer before doing the highest amounts of reps. Start in the low numbers and work within your own fitness levels. It goes like this: Without resting between exercises, Perform 25 pullups, 50 deadlifts with 135 pounds, 50 pushups, 50 jumps on a 24-inch box, 50 floor wipers, 50 single-arm clean-and-presses using a 36-pound kettle bell, and 25 more pullups
I've done sets of 100 reps. I don't do it often. Mostly I lift weights so I don't have to feel guilty about the next beer. If you want to try this be my guest, just let us all know where we should send the get well cards.

4 comments:

revereridesagain said...

Thanks muchly! I'm a Phantom fan and Butler managed to be sexy while looking liked he'd slept with half his face on the barbecue.

Pastorius said...

Even if I did do Gerard Butler's workout, I still couldn't grow that beard.

revereridesagain said...

I could do without the beard, frankly. For one thing, it made him look like he had this weird underbite.

Anonymous said...

Have been out of the loop in Elvis Costello worship, who will always be my hunk of the week, but dang, who knew Gerard Butler was so hot!!!

Oh my god!

Nice to see some beefcake! Girls gotta eat too!

So, yes, I second the nomination! Gerard Butler "Infidel Hunk of the Week!"