Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Any day now I'll become a grandfather (remember, kid, I'm to be called Dude, NOT grandpa).

This was long my oldest daughter's favorite song (and may still be). She even had it on a snow globe.

And it's my favorite Coltrane piece.

So this one is for her. Soon to be a new mom.

I know you'll do as good as your mom did.

And I'm prouder than hell of you.

I know I took you and your sisters on many of them (Barbary Lions!) but the greatest adventure is parenthood.

John Coltrane
My Favorite Things




4 comments:

Pastorius said...

You're gonna be a Granddude. ;-)

Epaminondas said...

I had to have the kids engage in a name search for me because I REFUSED to be grandpa, poppi, or any other stupid ancient age related POS nickname.

They came up with SABA. Naturally, it's frickin' modern hebrew for GUESS WHAT?

Congrats MR and just remember, when they act up, poop or whatever as grandude you have what our palestinian bros call.....


RIGHT OF RETURN

midnight rider said...

That's right. Suagr them up on cookies and candy and then send them back to mom & dad.

You betcha :)

Anonymous said...

just one large flaw in that plan, daddy-o....

the flight from PA to AK is more than long enough for that sugar rush to wear off ;-)

#1