Saturday, November 05, 2011

NYSE Director, Home Depot Co-Founder on OWS: "They Don't Know What They Want To Be When They Grow Up"



"The kids downtown, I'd view them as babies in adults' bodies," Langone said in a live interview. "I don't think they know what they want to be when they grow up."

...

"The generation of children in public schools in America today is the first generation that's going to have a lower literacy rate than the previous generation," Langone said. "There are jobs all over, but you need to be able to count."

Let me tell you the biggest down side of the welfare state. We are taking the self-respect of these people away. During the depression, my grandfather who went to -- he left school at 6 years old and he had a shovel in his hand his entire life. During the depression, my grandfather refused to go with what was called home relief. Refused it. He said, no, I'm gonna go out and work. I see taking away people's dignity by them believing they're living off somebody else. and that's the biggest -- that's the highest price we're going to pay over the long term.

1 comment:

Epaminondas said...

They don't know what they want to be next week, dudes