Sunday, May 27, 2012

In Memory of Alex Münch

Our good friend Alex has passed away.  He was a frequent commenter here at IBA and a regular participant in the chat room at The Gathering Storm Radio Show on Blog Talk Radio.

I just got off the phone from speaking to his son Amnon. Of course, I offered my condolences.

I was crying then, and I'm crying now.

Alex was a good friend to Mr. AOW and me. When Mr. AOW was in the nursing home, nobody called him there - except for Alex, who phoned all the way from Israel to speak to my husband.

"Courage from Israel!"  he stated emphatically.

Alex also phoned our home several times after Mr. AOW came home. Mr. AOW loved those calls.  They meant a lot to him and to me as well.

Amnon asked me to post an announcement here on the web as Alex's family didn't know all the Internet acquaintances and friends that Alex had made.

Tough as I am, I am typing this post through tears.

I will miss Alex.  He was a rock - and lots of fun too.

4 comments:

Mark said...

May Alexander rest in peace! He will be sorely missed.

Christine said...

OMG You never know do you? May he rest in peace and blessings to his family. :(

Anonymous said...

Very sad to hear Alex is gone. I liked having his input.

Though now eternally islam-free! Still we miss and grieve for thee.

SamenoKami said...

Very much saddened to hear of this.
May he rest in peace.