Tuesday, April 11, 2017

United Airlines Sets the Bar for Corporate Behavior

For about 10-15 years I flew 150,000 miles or more on United every year. I went out of my way to fly them, worldwide. You hit these levels and they treat you pretty nicely.
But the deal is the same for everyone. You buy a ticket, you get a boarding pass, and they fly you where you contracted to go. Don’t ell me it’s at their free will except for an act of god. It’s an obligation. Anything else and let’s have Congress legislate how mandatory that is. Okay, Mr. Munoz?
I’m sure we’ve all seen the YouTubes by now of the airline security GOONS assaulting, and attacking their own paying passenger because he wanted them to take care of their own responsibility and get him from Chicago to Louisville, rather than get off the plane, so 4 United EMPLOYEES could avoid the FOUR AND HALF HOUR DRIVE THEY COULD MAKE. (Full disclosure … I make a drive just like this to see my kids and grandchildren ALL THE TIME, so imagine my feelings for these employees)
To make all this palatable, Oscar Munoz write he feels bad the passengers needed to be re-accommodated.

  Then we have this same moron, who stopped ahort of apologizing to the passenger over what sure looks like AGGRAVATED ASSAULT BY THE POLICE ON BEHALF OF A MULTINATIONAL CORPORATION, saying:
While I deeply regret this situation arose, I also emphatically stand behind all of you, and I want to commend you for continuing to go above and beyond to ensure we fly right.
He then slammed the passenger as disruptive and belligerent.
I loved flying United, I hated when I had to fly another airline (although Swissair and Singapore, Cathay Pacific were VERY attractive), but I would NEVER fly United again, and the reason is their response to this assault from TOP TO BOTTOM.
You want people off the plane, USE CAPITALISM, not the SA. You have a limit to capitalism? GET A LIMO and send the 4 employees you wanted in Louisville there yourself .
DISGUSTING EXAMPLE, and more upsetting are the comments from those who follow authority.
This is what’s wrong with society today. Its never the persons fault, it’s the security, or law enforcement or someone else’s fault. The dude was freaking out and acting like a child… When you’re asked to do something… Just do it. The consequences and outcomes will be much better. The officer and staff were in the right here. If people can’t see that then they are part of the problem.
How fast are the readers thinking ‘I’M PART OF THE PROBLEM, ALL RIGHT.”

4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

When you’re asked to do something… Just do it.

Evidently, never mind that you have a valid ticket. "Do as you're told, or we'll rough you up."

Always On Watch said...

I've heard that this roughed up passenger is a doctor.

Does anyone here know his area of specialty?

Anonymous said...

Epaminondas and Jimmy Kimmel have it right
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/jimmy-kimmel-commercial-united-airlines-viciously-funny-131808988.html

thelastenglishprince said...

I look at it a bit differently than a case of assault. This man was kidnapped. Once the seat was purchased in his name, once seated, ownership is ninety percent of the law. He was leasing the space no differently than an individual leases a home.

Had this event happened inside a home it would have been investigated as a kidnapping. This seat was his home for the duration of the flight.

Kidnapping charges seem appropriate. Let the Friendly Brethren investigate it as such.