Thursday, July 26, 2018

Regaining our Place as a Shining City Upon a Hill


From The Last English Prince:
“I’ve spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity….” 
Ronald Reagan in his farewell address to the nation. It should come as no surprise that American Pastor Andrew Brunson is now to be released from prison: 
Incarceration without cause 
The State Department has been hard at work and his name was at the forefront of this event: Advancing Religious Freedom: 
A Goal of our President Please note this paragraph from the prior link: 
“In announcing the Ministerial, Pompeo stressed that “where fundamental freedoms of religion, expression, peace and peaceful assembly are under attack, we find conflict, instability, and terrorism. 
On the other hand, governments and societies that champion these freedoms are more secure, stable, and peaceful.” 
Hillary Clinton gave lip service to the concept of religious freedom and human liberty. So did George W. Bush. 
But it is the current President who has shown Biblical backbone: 
Yea, a man may say, “Thou hast faith, and I have works.” 
Show me thy faith apart from thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works. James 2:18 
We have a POTUS who is a living example of his own evolving faith. His faith – in the American People and our capability to effect the world with our own goodness has been demonstrated today. 
My belief is that his faith is also rooted within the best of the Judeo-Christian traditions. 
God Bless America and God Bless our President.

No comments: