Saturday, August 25, 2018

New York Post Writer: Facebook censored my column — and I still can’t find out why


From The New York Post:
At 7:55 a.m. Thursday morning, I posted a story I had written for The New York Post on both Facebook and Twitter. It was a reported piece on how people who voted for President Trump were feeling after both former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort and his lawyer Michael Cohen found themselves on the wrong side of the law. 
Within two hours I started receiving a handful of notes from people who are friends on my personal Facebook page that their posting of my piece, entitled “Why Trump’s supporters won’t care about Cohen and Manafort,” had been removed. 
Sometimes the removal was accompanied by a message from Facebook. “Spam” was the most common reason given, but a couple of people were told Facebook removed the post because “it did not follow our Community Standards.” 
Immediately I went to my original post, which led to the link with this graph: 
“Right now the value of Trump to the Trump voter is he is all that stands between them and handing the keys to Washington back over to the people inside Washington. That’s it. He’s their only option. You’ve got to pick the insiders or him.” 
The post was gone. 
Why? 
Facebook had given me no reason why it would censor a story, and asking them for an explanation wasn’t easy.
GO READ THE WHOLE THING.

AND THEN THERE'S THIS:

Facebook Censors Star Spangled Banner Video

3 comments:

paul scott said...

Death to fascist book and the entire Zionist NWO.

Pastorius said...

LOL

I don't know if you know it, Paul, but this site is VERY pro-Zionist.

thelastenglishprince said...

Years ago I opted to not populate social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter. I could see the future peril.

To our own peril, we also give up too easily the pieces of our lives. There is a romantic advertising push to find your ancestry. Easy to do. Send a swab. It is all so much fun. We will find out about an ancestor who does not know about us, neither do we know about them... really.

Here is the deal. The government cannot coerce you to give up your genome map, of which DNA is a part. We give it up freely and without thought.

So the privacy of our person and our papers is eroded.