Monday, July 15, 2019

Ayaan Hiris Ali in the WSJ: Can Ilhan Omar Overcome Her Prejudice?

I was born in Somalia and grew up amid pervasive Muslim anti-Semitism. Hate is hard to unlearn without coming to terms with how you learned it. 
"I once opened a speech by confessing to a crowd of Jews that I used to hate them. It was 2006 and I was a young native of Somalia who’d been elected to the Dutch Parliament. The American Jewish Committee was giving me its Moral Courage Award. I felt honored and humbled, but a little dishonest if I didn’t own up to my anti-Semitic past. So I told them how I’d learned to blame the Jews for everything...."
GO READ THE WHOLE THING. 
Conversion away from hate is really a Conversion. I capitalize the word, because it requires an actual spiritual transformation. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was truly Converted away from her previous mindset. You know how I know? Because - and get this, it is subtle - SHE WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT! 
People who get Converted never tire of telling their story, because it is such a paradigm shift of the soul as to seem - or BE - a miracle. It is a miraculous happening, and it leaves one stunned, shaken, and giddy for a very long time.  
You will notice, Ilhan Omar has no such story.

AND THEN THERE'S THIS:


AND THIS:


It would seem that, WHAT ILHAN OMAR CAN'T SHUT UP ABOUT IS HER HATRED FOR AMERICA.

No comments: