Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Germany: Gay Jewish Conservative attacked by Muslims at Potsdam Train Station – Spit in the Face

25-year old Jewish Potsdam resident Marvin F. was attacked by two Syrians at the train station in Potsdam, as mainstream media reported internationally. What they didn’t know: Marvin is gay and a member of the conservative “Alternative for Germany” (AfD) party. 
“I’m just sick of what’s happening to Germany, that’s why I decided to go public with my story”, the 25-year-old told us one day after the incident, still agitated. “I’ve worn my yarmulke every day for ten years our of respect for my religion, but now you experience incidents like this every week. Two weeks ago in Giessen, my yarmulke was torn from my head.” 
Marvin F. said he was “deeply disgusted” by Saturday’s altercation: “I got out at the Potsdam train station, but I wasn’t wearing anything to identify myself as an AfD member.” (AfD members are attacked twice as often as all other political parties in Germany put together, a parliamentary query revealed in May.) 
“I was only wearing my yarmulke. Two young Muslims came by, shouted “Filthy Jew!” at me, bumped into me and both spit in my face. I wanted to fight back, but they ran off. They were too cowardly to fight me. I was in shock. 
A witness urged Marvin F. to call the police, who were “very nice, very helpful”, he said. Together with the police officers, he found the two culprits still lingering in the train station, seeming to be in no hurry to flee. The culprits were arrested and found to be carrying knives. 
Both are allegedly “Syrian refugees”, although it is hard to be certain since so many migrants threw away their passports and claimed to be Syrians after the Merkel government announced it would accept all Syrians starting in September 2015. 
“I’m stunned, I’m speechless, I’m shaking all over,” Marvin F. said after the incident. “To have a thing like this happen in Germany, where you can’t feel safe as a Jew on the streets anymore, is terrible.” 
Marvin F. is gay and lives with his partner in Potsdam outside Berlin. He joined the AfD in 2017, “because no other party cares about the threat to Jewish and gay life posed by mass Muslim immigration”, he said.

No comments: