"Regime Change
Will Be
Necessary”
click.jpg

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Four Valiant Journalists

Four reporters/editors of “The New York Press” resign after management refused to allow them to publish the cartoons in an article which takes on the mainstream press for its cowardliness. The article was called "Where's Muhammad?" I just heard this on the local news so I don’t have any links.

The New York Press may only be a small-circulation free newspaper but I like the display of integrity on any scale. Bravo!

Update: NYP link, NYO link (hat tip spirit093), blogs: 1, 2, ...
Bookmark and Share
posted by Jason Pappas at permanent link#

6 Comments:

Blogger Manuel I Comnenus said...

I'm not surprised at the refusal to publish the cartoons by the gutless management of The New York Press. There are way too many Arab convenience store owners, cabbies, hot dog vendors, and dung-scrapers littering the streets of this great metropolis. The NYP risks "offending" our "sensitive" and "peace-loving" Muslim brothers.
Give me a break!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:28:00 am  
Blogger JMJ said...

I just gotta say these four journalist showed the integrity and character that seems so lacking in the world today! I would like to nominate these guys for the Winston Churchill Golden Balls Award!

You guys are my heroes! :)

Ban the Burqa,
JMJ

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 5:26:00 am  
Blogger Spirit093 said...

Linky:
http://thepoliticker.observer.com/2006/02/ny-press-kills-cartoons-staff-walks-out.html

(no charge :) )

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:44:00 am  
Blogger von Schlichtningen said...

Well done indeed. These 4 guys have earned my eternal respect as well.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:46:00 am  
Blogger DS said...

Sad there's so few kinds of these people in the world :/ But I'm stunned that these newspapers, with many journalists doesn't dare to provoke. Usually journalists has no regrets in whatever they write about people or groups. They are really afraid and scared. And cowardly.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:01:00 pm  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Four men with principle! And journalists, too.

As JMJ said, heroes! I second the nomination for the Golden Balls Award.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home