Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gays and Christians are Western



We need to heal the "culture wars" between Christians and secular - progressives. When the absolutes of "sin" and "rights" get invoked, we can find no common ground; we are divided and weaker as a nation. Culturist pragmatism asks that we frame the discussion around what best fulfills our historic mission of carrying forth liberty. We invoke compromise in the name of what is best for all of us. By focusing on what helps the West best survive in this hostile world, we can find some common ground and have rational discourse. Demonizing the other is not moving us forward.

1 comment:

Pastorius said...

Imagine that, Christians and Gays being reasonable and understanding they can't wipe each other off the face of the Earth.

:)

And, of course, I am a Christian. But, I don't mind gays people, and I don't ask them to live according to my lifestyle.

Here's a question I ask my fellow Christians:

Which causes more damage in a Church,

a gay couple

or

a gossip?

But, we certainly don't kick all the gossips out of our church.