Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Obama Theme Song

Barack Obama has replaced Hail to the Chief with a vapid Sting song called Desert Rose.

Is it just me, or does this song suck ass?

Surely there is a pop song more suited to the office of the Obamenon than this excretion by Sting.

Here's my suggestion (The Smiths singing The Boy With The Thorn in His Side). Let me hear yours.




Ah, here's another suggestion (this one is by Belle and Sebastian):




Another suggestion, Head Like a Hole by Nine Inch Nails (Bow down to the one you serve):



Revere Rides Again suggests Cult of Personality by Living Color:




Sho Nfr suggested the Barney classic, I Love You - You Love Me:

11 comments:

Damien said...

Pastorius,

Its okay, but Hail to the Chief is traditional for the president. Its practically unamerican to replace it with anything.

Pastorius said...

But Damien, don't you think the Belle and Sebastian song is more fitting for Obama?

Anonymous said...

I think Head like a Hole by Nine Inch Nails works.

Or maybe Uncle Remus by Frank Zappa since Obama and the Dems are high on destroying capitalism and redistributing wealth.

Anonymous said...

Hail to the Thief by RadioHead

Or Moonlight Shadow the ultimate treehugger hippy song by mike oldfield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5YqorFOp_4

Happy happy Joy Joy

Dope Show by Marylin Manson
(We're all stars in the HOPE show)

Anonymous said...

BAD APPLES by Guns and Roses

(describes Obama and his outlaw cabinet)

Pastorius said...

Guns n' Roses. I can't defile them like that. I actually like old Guns n' Roses.

Pastorius said...

But then I also like Morrissey and I put him on this list.

Anonymous said...

The Seeds - Pushin' Too Hard


You're pushin' too hard, uh-pushin' on me
You're pushin' too hard, uh-what you want me to be
You're pushin' too hard about the things you say
You're pushin' too hard every night and day
You're pushin' too hard
Pushin' too hard on me (too hard)

Well all I want is to just be free
Live my life the way I wanna be
All I want is to just have fun
Live my life like it's just begun
But you're pushin' too hard
Pushin' too hard on me (too hard)

http://tinyurl.com/bw3cwa

Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder if Obama isn't a closet case.

Pastorius said...

Who's more gay, John Edwards of Barack Obama.

It's a tossed salad.

I mean, it's a tossup, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Edwards is more gay
Obama is just PWhipped