Sunday, May 03, 2009

Whittle on Stewart

Do yourself a favor & watch Bill Whittle discussing Jon Stewart's posturing about Harry Truman being a war criminal. Pretty sure it's gonna leave a mark.

The problem with rebutting folks like Jon Stewart is that it's difficult to get over the initial hurdle of taking them seriously, since what Stewart and his ilk are so obviously about is moral preening rather than serious thought. Kudos to Whittle for having the patience. And a good TV persona, too. There's someone who should be on network newsmagazine shows.

Here's something I wrote earlier about Jon Stewart BTW. I literally have never liked the guy, going back 15+ years - far before I knew he was a lefty hack.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I have enjoyed reading Bill, but I have never seen him speak.

Thanks for that.

Ro

Unknown said...

Yes, that was a really great little history lesson. 17 minutes well spent.

THANKS!

Unknown said...

Does anyone in their right mind think America is safer now than they were in WW II? I mean could this generation take such losses? Would we come together? What sort of participation rates would we get from various groups? What do you think those culturist facts might be?

Pastorius said...

Two post in one day from one of my favorite writers.

:)

revereridesagain said...

I grew up having a father too because of Truman's resolution and courage. John Stewart is a lazy postering twit who wouldn't even take the time to learn what happened at the end of the war and wouldn't even have the courage to argue for Truman's actions against his equally lazy twit libertard friends. After all, that might damage his caweer.

Anonymous said...

Culturist John -

No, I think we would surrender.

This is a sad and scary realization.

Those with the power to decide these things have determined that our culture, political system and way of life are not worth protecting.

My dad died a few years ago and I am very, very glad he did not live to see this. He was in the second wave at Normandy and was almost killed, so to hear these liberal fascists denigrate, belittle and scoff at those who provided them with the safety and prosperity they now take for granted as much as the air they breathe. . .

It would have been too much for him. It is almost too much for me.

I now look at the flag they gave us at his funeral and it makes me cry.

Ro