Sunday, June 14, 2009

EU Foreign Policy Chief Javier Solana Grants Hizbollah Legitimacy

If you ever wonder how we got to World War II, how we got to giving away Czechoslovakia, how we got to factory-floor Jew killing, well, now you can see it.

Europe is doing everything the same today as they did in the leadup to World War II.

And, this time, the United States has a President who seems to agree with Europe. Will Obama meet with Hizbollah. My forecast is, extremely likely.


EU's Solana meets Hezbollah in Beirut

Javier Solana (left) and Hussein Hajj Hassan, 13 June, 2009
Javier Solana recognised Hezbollah's political role in Lebanon

A senior EU official has for the first time held talks with a politician from the Lebanese Hezbollah movement.

European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana met Hezbollah official Hussein Hajj Hassan at the Lebanese parliament building in Beirut.

Mr Hajj Hassan is one of Hezbollah's 11 members of parliament, following recent elections which were won by a rival Western-backed alliance.

Hezbollah is regarded by the United States as a terrorist group.

The EU has previously rejected public contacts with Hezbollah, which also controls Lebanon's most powerful military force.

But Mr Solana said: "Hezbollah is part of political life in Lebanon and is represented in the Lebanese parliament."


2 comments:

Carlos Echevarria said...

you got this from Relia, huh?

thanks for putting my pic up.

Did you see my No Sheeples Here post? Carol is really hardcore anti Jihadist, her site has amazing pics which she creates, she has helped me design my site, the Washington header she made it for me, as well as the majority of the Israel relates stuff on my sidebar...

Dude, I have a major headache, started celebrating early yestarday, LOL

Pastorius said...

LOL

It seems everyone is celebrating the Lakers victory before it happens. The LA Times is similarly giddy.

I'm waiting until after the game.

My wife is sick, and so are my kids, so I don't have much time for reading this morning.

Hopefully, I will have time tonight.