Tuesday, April 20, 2010

If music be the food of love, stone them

Seems that Muslims are still questioning Music. Is it or is it not haram? I say, listen to Dana Berger. Muslims ask:

Dear scholars, As-Salaam `Alaykum. I am teacher in a public school and I would like to help my non-Muslim colleagues as well as my Muslim community. Our problem in my school is that music is a subject of the curriculum but more and more students come to say parents are not willing anymore to let them listen to music. I also know that some of us Muslims consider music Haram while others listen to it. Where is the line? Is choir forbidden? What instruments are forbidden? A lot of Muslim parents are worrying around Christmas. What can we do to reassure and help parents and at the same time build trust between parents and teachers? Jazakum Allah khayran.



1 comment:

Dag said...

Dana Berger, which might not be clear from the post above, is Israel's most famous pop musician. See video at the link.

Unless, that is, you're a serious Muslim, in which case leave weird death threats. Address those to Pastorious, please. I just work here. And believe me, the wages I make don't cover the aggravation of dealing with deathwahs. No fatwah, no thinwahs, no Dagwahs. Not till I get a raise.