Sunday, February 03, 2013


OUT OF AMMO



From John Hinderaker at PowerLine:
I really, really wanted to shoot today, but wasn’t able to. Why, you might ask? Was I backed up with work? Nope. Did I have a long list of chores to do, to stay in my wife’s good graces? Nope. I was free as a bird. But I couldn’t shoot because, with the exception of 100 rounds of 22LR and the loaded 9 mm magazines that I keep at home for purposes of self-defense, I was out out of ammo.
Nor was I alone. The shelves here in Minnesota are empty. You can still find a few rounds of .380, .40 and even .45 caliber bullets, along with more exotic varieties, but the most popular ammunition–22LR and 9 mm–is sold out everywhere. The shelves are literally bare. Every now and then someone gets in a small shipment; a friend told me that a local Dick’s Sporting Goods got some 9 mm bullets in yesterday. They were gone almost instantly.
9 mm bullets
I figured if anyplace wouldn’t run out of ammo, it is South Dakota, so I checked with my brother. Sure enough, ammunition is gone there, too. A local store that does a major firearms business ordered a semi truck load of ammo; what got delivered was three pallets. They were told they could expect another delivery in 2014.
So what is going on? In part, certainly, the perception of a potential shortage due to the policies of the Obama administration has led to the reality of a shortage, as everyone started to stock up. I can understand the mentality: if I wandered into a gun store and found that they had just put 1,000 9 mm rounds on the shelf, I would buy them all. But does that fully explain what is happening? How about the fact that government agencies are buying up billions of rounds? There have been lots of news reports and lots of rumors, but no clear explanation of why the federal government has invested so massively in ammunition–including the most popular civilian calibers–over the last year. One way or another, it seems that there is a story here. But for it to be pursued, we would need “reporters.” Remember them? Nah, that was a bygone era: you probably don’t.

There is something seriously wrong, my friends. Apparently, no one knows what it is. We've been ignoring it for too long.
I believe ammunition companies should do their patriotic duty and refuse to sell ammunition to the government any longer, unless it is specified FOR MILITARY GUNS ONLY.
Of course, the FBI, CIA, Secret Service, ICE, and a few other agencies also need some ammunition. But, it would seem a law needs to be passed which stipulates that government agencies can buy no more than 125-140% of what they need during any annual period. 
And they need to provide information justifying their need.

The government does not need to be well-armed. THE CITIZENS DO.

WE OWN THE GOVERNMENT.

THEY DO NOT OWN US.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

gettin creepy aint it...

midnight rider said...

I ran into a similar situation at the last gun show I was at, where I picked up the Colt Detective Special.

Went looking for practice rounds (and an extra box or two of carry) but found nothing at the show. The regular (bulk) ammo dealers were not there.

So on the way home the kid and I stopped at my favorite gun dealer. He had nothing either. And wasn't sure when he'd et any in.

Now mind you I wasn't lookin for 9mm or 45 acp or any military type rounds but that ost ubiquitous of self defense ammo 38 Special. It doesn't even come up on the latest gun ban radar but no one seems to have it.

Having read this article I just checked over at Midway USA (America's Gun Shop!) and just about everything there except Buffalo Bore is Out Of Stock No Backorder. Even my prefered Federal 129 gr +P JHP.

What the hell? Is the gov't buying up 38 spcl too? For now I'm going to have to conserve on the practice a bit.

And by the way, I also checked Midway for 45 acp. Same thing. I would check 9mm but if 38& 45 are out I can't imagine they have anyof that.

christian soldier said...

"I believe ammunition companies should do their patriotic duty and refuse to sell ammunition to the government "

I agree!!
and
I no longer get 'eye rolls' from most -whom I have been warning for years?

Carol-CS

Pastorius said...

There is something very wrong.

I've been trying to reserve paranoia, but my resistance seems to be futile.

They're just giving me too much reason to be paranoid.

Pastorius said...

By the way, I had never put two and two together on this.

Hinderaker at PowerLine is the first guy, to my knowledge, to propose a connection between the government ammo buys and the sudden and complete disappearance of ammo from shelves.

Pastorius said...

Here's some other stuff to ponder in conjunction:

1) Obama is trying to put through anti-gun legislation

2) our federal government is conducting "multi-agency drills" in city streets

3) sudden complete disappearance of ammunition across the nation

Anonymous said...

seems like they are trying to actively cut us off from ammo by bottle necking the system with purchase's this is not a long term strategy to make ammo less available it is a short term strategy for a short term reason. becuase suppliers the world over will be ramping up to supply this presently voracious need. the question is what is the reason which would necessarily have to be right over the horizon for it to be important to "them" to reduce the publics ability to stock pile or replace fired rounds from that cache.

I will be very alarmed if foriegn sources who will fully want to supply this need and already have channels and sell through vendors in the states are kept from importing ramped up production to fill the private need in the states.

in other words if aguilla in mexico, or seliot & bellot of the Czech republic or privi partizan from serbia or wolf, in russia starts complaining that some government agency is hindering what previously were routine shipments of ammo into the states my ass will pucker.

Anonymous said...

this also isnt ABOUT GUNS ITS ABOUT CONTROL. and its also not about guns its about something else off stage.

ive siad before in many posts and comments around the web obama is a grifter. a con man. the leftists at the top of the government food chain are by nature con artists but he is a true grifter running a scam. they found their leader he has no skill except as a man schooled in the art of the end goal of marxism melded with techniques of the con man running a scam.

he has leveraged his con all the way to the white house and like all good cons at some point the music stops and someone is left holding the bag

guess what if you know you are tanking the system and you know you will have a monetary system thats going to implode leaving a destitute population of americans who previously had 401k's, ira's decent retirements, and all will be lost, your going to want them disarmed. your going to demonize whole classes of people, your gonna want them disarmed or without bullets and your going to let chaos reign so you can later restore order and implement strong social control wiping away the last vestiges of freedom and the constitution, your gonna want to cut off the flow of ammo.

Ciccio said...

Arms, ball and powder may well be sacrosanct according to the constitution but in most Western countries you cannot buy ammunition without showing your gun license. There is nothing in the constitution to ban the use. sale, import or distribution of fireworks, this is done under municipal or state fire or safety codes and bullets are about as close to fireworks as you can get. What is to stop the government from putting excise taxes as bad as those on cigarettes on bullets? Worldwide there is no shortage of bullets,if there is one in the States it has been engineered. This is the ugly face of capitalism, the minute there is a shortage there will be profiteering, the most ardent NRA supporter will not hesitate when offered to chance to double his profits, the NRA can bring down the NRA all on its own.

Epaminondas said...

WE HAVE PLENTY.

SIGN IN THE (RECENTLY EXPANDED) LOCAL GUN SHOP:
--------------------
HI CAP MAGS IN STOCK
OPEN 7 DAYS
--------------------

The parking lot is always nearly full.

Always On Watch said...

One of my Florida friends can no longer obtain .38 or .32 rounds.