Monday, April 03, 2006

Rob Capriccioso Is So Much Smater Than Us That We Might As Well Stop Trying


You see, it makes sense to invite members of the Taliban to obtain degrees at our best Universities.

It does. It does. It does.


“The outsiders are largely right-wing commentators,” says Zachariah Victor, a member of Yale’s Graduate and Professional Student Senate. “They don’t have reason, science or history on their side, so they try to degrade intellectuals and universities. Rational argument cannot support them, so they turn to ‘morality’ and religion. They have little expertise, so they deprecate expert opinion and appeal to populist sentiment. They cannot comprehend the breadth of our constitution, so they try to subject the rights of the few to the superstitions of the many.”


I must admit, I really do wish I could understand, but honestly, not a single word makes sense to me.


My head I’d be scratchin
While my thoughts were busy hatchin
If I only had a brain

Oh, I could tell you why
The ocean’s near the shore
I could think of things I never thunk before
And then I’d sit and think some more

I would not be just a nothin
My head all full of stuffin
My heart all full of pain

Perhaps I deserve you
And be even worthy erve you
If I only had
If I only had a brain


I run a media company and I have a degree in Literature, and an undergraduate degree in Philosophy.

Post your degrees and accomplisments in the comments section.

8 comments:

J said...

about 11 GCSE's and bugger all else.

Always On Watch said...

B.A. in Spanish. But over the years, I've primarily worked with editing English-language compositions/essays for both students (all levels, including university) and adults, including handbook for the FDIC.

Anonymous said...

As far as experience goes I'll shut up as this comment might be a little on the long side. But qualifications? Let's see...
C.S.E. in English Lang., 2 'O' levels (Don't know what the equivalent is in America), Physical Training Instructor (passed with merits), B.A. Joint Honours in Ancient History and Archaeology, M.Sc. in Analytical Sciences, M.Sc. in Biomolecular Science.
Rather knocks old Mr. Victors argument about a bit I think, lol.

Anonymous said...

B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D, in biochemistry, pharmacology and molecular biology (respectively). Have had executive assignments in Europe, South American, North American and Asia.

Pastorius said...

And, let us remember that we are the dumb ones.

Anonymous said...

Ph.D. in Islamic Inventions and world record holder for shortest thesis ever written.

Pastorius said...

LOL!

What was it like defending that dissertation?

Mustafa, really, what is your education in?

Always On Watch said...

Mustafa,
Ph.D. in Islamic Inventions and world record holder for shortest thesis ever written.

That is too funny!

You must be a professional satirist.