Saturday, October 07, 2006

My History Class

Yesterday, I showed the movie Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against The West to my high-school World History class. Two parents and a student not in the World History class attended as well. All attendees were riveted to the screen. Talk about focused!

When the movie ended, all sat there in stunned silence.

In some ways, Islam: What The West Needs To Know, which shows some of the same documentary footage, is a better film [Read my review HERE], particularly for those wanting to examine the doctrines of Islam. But that movie was too long for my one-hour class. I'll offer it to my students as fulfillment of their required annual project. Some may opt for it.

Both films are available for purchase on DVD. Go to the movie-title links above.

2 comments:

Grizzly Mama said...

What a wonderful idea. AOW - what is your opinion on showing it to younger students?

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Wondering if you have any Muslims in your class? If so, I bet that would go over like a fart in church, LOL!