Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Inglourius Basterds

I've always enjoyed WW2 films. I never tire of watching the Nazis get defeated at the hands of freedom. But this film takes that idea to the hilt.

The first trailer of Quentin Tarantino's latest film, which stars Brad Pitt as a Nazi-killing commander, was released today. Inglourious Basterds sees Pitt play commander of the unit Lt Aldo Raine who sets about on a mission to kill and dismember Germans during the Second World War. The film – inspired by 1978 Italian war movie The Inglorious Bastards – follows a band of Jewish-American soldiers dropped into France to spread terror among the Nazi occupiers.


Wow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, indeed. HOW in hell did they get this made??

Just. Wow.

R.

Anonymous said...

it got made because the target is nazis. they are an easy boogyman with no power from 50 years ago.

lets make the same movie, place them in afghanistan or the tribal lands of pakistan killing taliban and al queda in the same fashion and stuffing pig genitals in the mouths of the dead jihadiis.

lets see that get made.

WC said...

OK - call me a critic but I wonder what the real story is in this film Especially after Gaza. Come n. This is from Hollywood.

Is Tarantino trying to show the bloodthirstiness of the Zionists in history.

Just my skeptical nature, I guess.

christian soldier said...

rumcrook's 'take' is fits for today...
C-CS

Pastorius said...

I don't recall Tarantino ever towing the bullshit Hollywood Leftist line.

Anonymous said...

Pastorius -

See, that's what I was thinking. Is this actually a "morality play" about the jihad's targeting of Jews today?

A Jolie pet project, from what I understand, as been to make the film version of Atlas Shrugged and play Dagny T. Maybe the Brangelina's are closet "non-loony lefties"? I hesitate to say "conservatives" - that would be taking the speculation too far.

But still.

R.