Sunday, March 22, 2009

Update on Deva

March 23, 2009:Nottingham, Britain. The postmaster who refused to serve customers who could not speak English has been transferred to another branch following complaints from local Muslims
Sri Lankan-born Deva Kumarasiri introduced a ban on non-English speakers last week after claiming they frustrated other customers and made his job more difficult.
Mr Kumarasiri, who moved to Britain 18 years ago, said he believed that new immigrants should learn the language and take pride in their new culture.
But he turned up to work yesterday to find his managers at the agency which runs the Sneinton Boulevard post office in Carlton, Nottingham, for the Post Office had decided to transfer him to another branch. Last night, Mr Kumarasiri claimed that Riswan Raja, the 27-year-old owner of the shop in which the post office is situated, threatened to make his life a ‘living hell’.
He said: ‘Mr Raja is a Muslim and he is very, very angry. He told me he wouldn’t let me walk through his shop to access the post office and he and other local Muslims have started a petition to get rid of me.

If you have a little spare time send this brave warrior a message of support
Email: deva.kumarasiri@virgin.net

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I can not find it just yet, but the people who he "banned" happened to be Eastern Europeans and Poles.

Its a tangled web in England

heroyalwhyness said...

Shiva . . .it was in an interview he gave to the Daily Star:

"He added: "I never revealed who the customers I asked to leave were. I can say now there were only five of them out of 300 and the main culprits were mostly from the European Union, Czechs and Poles but the Muslims just jumped on what I said.

HRW

Pastorius said...

I wrote to Deva.

Here's what I wrote:

"As an American, I just want to thank you for being such a great man. I hope that your fight will go down in the history books as being one of the first and most important shots fired against the destructive relativist multiculturalist idea that we have been spoonfed over the past 30 years or so.

You and Bishop Nazir are great men, and we are blessed to have you.

In American, we have what we call "the melting pot", which means immigrants come to America and melt in. Their traditions and customs become part of America. And America becomes richer, stronger, and greater for the contributions of immigrants. In turn, immigrants are thankful to America.

I am a white, native-born American. But, I am married to a brown-skinned, first-generation American from the Philippines.

She and her family are, in many ways, MORE American than I am. They are more enthusiastic, more thankful, more patriotic, more likely to take advantage of the great freedoms that our system has to offer.

It seems that you are the same kind of person.

Thank you again."

Anonymous said...

Mock Islam