Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Politics Explained

Hat tip to Casting Pearls Before Swine:



The key for the allegory:

Water represents "the law". Banana represents God-given rights to pursue happiness, or your natural rights if you're atheist. These are rights you're born with, not "granted by government". We instituted our government (the constitution) to PROTECT our INDIVIDUAL rights - not "democratic rights" (majority rule). We're the monkeys. Evil men & women have turned it upside down and we've allowed it. Now, like the monkeys, we have been trained to think government is our master.

1 comment:

Mark said...

My son posted this on his Facebook page. I thought it was interesting, so I posted it on my blog.

My son claims it explains religion, too. I disagree, unless he's referring to Islam. But, Christianity has so many different interpretations of Theology, with more and more outlandish claims about the deity or lack of deity of Jesus Christ, among other things, it's impossible to make the argument that all religions haven't changed over the years.