Friday, October 19, 2012

Parent Accuses Teacher of "Teaching Muslim Hand Gestures" In Classroom, Teacher "Does Not Practice The Muslim Faith"

I have never heard of "Muslim hand gestures." Neither it seems has Google.

I've been doing this anti-Jihad blog thing since March of 2004. I have never seen any mention anywhere ever of Muslim hand gestures.

I've seen Infidel Hand Gestures, like this,


or this,


... but yeah, I've never heard of "Muslim hand gestures."

IBA Fact Check rates this story, FIVE STEAMING PILES OF HORSESHIT!

 

Let's see what our friend Nico has to say about this.

LOL


UPDATE - Well, what do you know? There are some people who practice "Muslim hand gestures."




I like how the Assalamu Alaykum hand gesture is the same as the American gesture for, "YOUR JERKIN' ME OFF."

And, speaking of "Jerkin' me off," I still maintain this story is crap, even if every other counter-Jihad blog seems to be running it.

Oddly, Robert Spencer comments that he has not heard of Muslim hand gestures either. Doesn't stop him from running the story. Too bad. I like Robert Spencer and all the other people who are spreading it. But I think they are mistaken here.


UPDATE - Perhaps I am being unfair here. 

Let me explain: It could very well be that this teacher truly did spend time teaching her class "Muslim hand signals". After all, there is a second student corroborating the story. 

And the school (or the school district itself) seems to be concerned enough to have placed the teacher on suspended status, and they are diverting her pay into an escrow account, pending further investigation.

However, there are several things about this story which indicate this is no typical story of Islamic infiltration of our institutions, or as Robert Spencer so eloquently calls it, "Stealth Jihad".

1) "Muslim hand signals" are not a widespread phenomenon. If you read the comments accompanying this post, you will find Hadith, and Imams condemning the use of formalized hand gestures. You will also find our resident ex-Muslim, Nico, says that in all his years living in Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries, he never encountered such a phenomenon.

2) usually when a Muslim is attempting stealth Jihad, CAIR, or some other Islamic institution backs them up

3) and this is the biggie, IN GENERAL, WHEN MUSLIMS DO SOMETHING WHICH IS TRANSGRESSIVE OF WESTERN CULTURE NORMS, LAW, OR ETIQUETTE, THEY DO SO PROUDLY AND PROCLAIM THAT THEY ARE DOING IT FOR ALLAH. Instead, what we see here is this woman and her husband are not only denying the deed itself, they are denying she is even a Muslim.




12 comments:

Pastorius said...

Muslim hand gestures.

For God's sake.

I think it's more like racism is the problem here.

Fuckin' idiots.

Nicoenarg said...

Alright what the f***!

Muslim hand gestures? Wow. Someone messed up in my upbringing because they never told me such a thing existed.

Muslim hand gestures for power and strength...maybe the parent confuses Muslims with that El Salvador gang that has hand gestures?

Is this WAVY news thing for real?

Nicoenarg said...

I was thinking that its race related too. This parent is a bigoted moron and I guess the first thing they could think of was, "Muslim" eureka!!!! "The teacher must be muslim since I don't like her (it can't be for any other reason), and she has hands...hand gestures...Muslim hand gestures!!!!!"

I've been dealing with idiots for a number of years now but I still get baffled to this day!

Oh and if Pasto didn't make it clear already...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MUSLIM HAND GESTURES!

Pastorius said...

Heh.

Just as I thought.

Sheesh.

Nico, I added a video with some "Muslim hand gestures," but I think they are just formalized versions of Arabic gestures. I don't believe they are actually related to Islam.

In fact, I believe hand gestures are likely forbidden or frowned upon in Islam.

I will find out, if you don't already know.

Sheesh. Even Jawa ran this story.

Pastorius said...

Second crap story in the past two weeks. Last week it was the Obama ring. This week hand gestures.

Next week it will be Mohammed Condoms made from Camel bladders or something.

Pastorius said...

From Islam Q and A:


I come from a country where jobs are few, and I cannot get any other job with my high school diploma, but I found a job in the military. However there is an issue, which is the salute; this is mandatory in the military. Is it permissible for me to work in the military? But when I give the salute I do not do so with the intention of showing respect; rather I do it with a different intention. Is it permissible to do that? I hope that you will answer my question in detail, because I am going to start this job in two months’ time.

Praise be to Allah.

The military salute that soldiers give to one another, in the form of a gesture with the hand, is a kind of greeting that is not allowed in Islam; rather the greeting of the Muslims is by saying “as-salaamu ‘alaykum (peace be upon you).”

At-Tirmidhi (695) narrated from ‘Amr ibn Shu‘ayb, from his father, from his grandfather that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “He is not one of us who imitates others. Do not imitate the Jews or the Christians. The greeting of the Jews is a gesture with the fingers and the greeting of the Christians is a gesture with the hand.”

Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Tirmidhi.

It was narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Do not greet one another with the greeting of the Jews; their greeting is with the head and the hand, and with gestures.”

Narrated by an-Nasaa’i in ‘Aml al-Yawm wa’l-Layla, 340; and by Abu Ya‘la and by at-Tabaraani in al-Awsat. Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath (11/12): Its isnaad is jayyid. It was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah, 1783

Pastorius said...

Here's another way of explaining it:

http://www.nouralislam.org/englib/engfiles/riyadussaliheen/132.htm

Words to be used for offering Greetings".

Pastorius said...

I'm starting to think maybe I've been at this too long, when I can tell, just by feel, whether something is Islamic or not.

LOL

This was my reasoning:

It seems to me Islam is a very word and symbol-oriented culture. It is not a visual culture. Hand gestures are too visual for Islam.

That's the best I know how to explain it.

Islamic art is somewhat mathematical. That is symbol. Obviously, the study of the Koran and Hadith is all about words.

Islam forbids representational imager in artwork, and i would imagine it would also forbid representational imager in gestures.

This would not mean that Muslims don't use gestures. On the contrary, gesturing seems to be big with Arabs, just as it is with me.

But, it is not formalized under Islam, or not that I have ever read.

And Nico tells us the same thing, and he knows much more about it than I do.

Nicoenarg said...

I think some people are desperate or bigoted or bored.

I'm seeing the ring thing pop up all over the Internet now. Even read YouTube comments somewhere telling people of the irrefutable proof they'd found that Obama was a Muslim.

You and I both know Muslims are idiots, but we have their own acts and writings to prove that... I don't know why people like making up shit.

I didn't know about the Hadith you quoted, I wonder if Jews were giving Mohammed the middle finger and he thought, "oh cool, they're greeting me!! But I must not imitate...." Hehe, I could so see that happening!

Nicoenarg said...

Just remembered something. While praying, at a very specific time, while reciting very specific words, Muslims raise the index finger of their right hand. But it is while they're sitting down and reciting Allah's name. It's basically the finger bearing witness to Allah, etc.

That's the closest Islam gets to a gesture.

Pasto, you were right in your assessment of Islam and gestures.

Nicoenarg said...

Interesting video. Never heard of Islamic hand gestures in my life and it turns out they exist. Although whoever designed them seems to have been busy making Muslims look like idiots.

"Hello!"
"You're jerking me off!"
"I beg your pardon!!"

Nicoenarg said...

On a serious note...the hand gestures video, like you said, is not Islamic. What I mean by that is that it's not from the Quran, the hadiths or the Sirat.