Tuesday, March 01, 2016

In the past 3-4 days I’ve managed to PISS OFF BOTH TRUMP AND NON TRUMP



UPDATES BELOW
So what have I learned?
I wish I could post the entire twitterfestungamerica, because it was really humorous and aggravating at the same time.

The Trumpers seem to want to call me a neocon Cruzite, and the non Trumpers want to tell me I am not a conservative thus I must report to the inquisition.

The problem REMAINS that every SINGLE candidate is odious to one degree or another over CRITICAL issues, except for the inexperienced Dr. Carson who thinks Joseph actually built Khufu’s construction projects and they are grain silos. But he has no shot anyway except on the 34th ballot

Review ..

Trump - no way out of the KKK fiasco, mishandled at best, pandering to asshole hidden white supremacist votes today at worst. His eminent domain ideas are frightening and he wants to have English libel laws (which formed a part of the BASIC difference between the madre nation and us in 1789). He is RIGHT about the border, and RIGHT about trade which ARE his main issues, but jeeeez. And all this is, of course, providing this is not a pure selling job

Cruz - good on Constitution, pissed off everyone he works with, ok on FP, and so in love with evangelical ideas (i think he’s probably sincere on this-and maybe that’s somewhat frightening) he’d be with Falwell and against Goldwater. Against TPP

Rubio - Right on many FP issues, knows who the bad guys are, and took the Free Trade elevator straight to hell - voted for TPP

These are facts, and the Trumpers and non Trumpers BOTH hate them.

They hate them so much that we have BOTH the #NEVERTRUMP movement which wants a third party, or a second Republican party or some other take the ball and go home movement, and the ‘if Trump’s nomination is stolen’ movement which is basically a stereoisomer of that former group.
Each apparently hates the other more than HRC or Bernie.

I’m writing in HANS GRUBER
Yippee kay yay

HYSTERIA GROWING

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Tuesday vowed to give up on the GOP if Donald Trump wins the party’s presidential nomination.
“Let’s first recognize that the Republican Party is just a tool, as all political parties are,” he told hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe."
“I signed up for the party of [former President] Abraham Lincoln, not the party of David Duke, Donald Trump,” Sasse continued, linking the white nationalist with Trump’s White House run.
“I hope it happens over the course of the next 30 to 60 days that the Republican Party again becomes the party of Abraham Lincoln, limited government and great human potential. I want to celebrate what’s great about America in the Republican Party, but if the Republican Party becomes the party of David Duke [and] Donald Trump, I’m out.”
Sasse then rejected the notion that Trump could evolve into a stronger conservative.
“I don’t that this guy has any more core principles than a Kardashian marriage,” he said. "Do any of you think Donald Trump has any core values? I don’t think it’s conceivable."

7 comments:

Pastorius said...

Good analysis of the various candidates positions.

I think another crucial thing to analyze is whether the various candidates can get these "odious" things done.

Also, I think it is possible that the reason most of Washington hates Cruz is precisely because he is right on the Constitution.

It would seem, from their behavior, that most of Washington is not exactly in love with the Constitution these days, right?

So, for instance, Trump probably could get away with pressing forward on his odious Eminent Domain laws, because that serves the Political Media Academia Complex.

But Trump probably can not get away with pressing forward on Libel laws because that does not serve the Political Media Academia Complex.

See what I mean?

What do you think?

Anonymous said...

I find it ultimately impossible to support Donald Trump because I find it impossible to believe anything he says. His deepest thoughts are on the tip of his tongue. He speaks entirely to the man and the moment. If conservative voters believe they have been used and scorned by the GOPe wait 'till we get used and scorned by The Donald.

The only redeeming quality I see is my belief that Trump really does love the USA. He wants to see us succeed. Both as a nation and also as individuals. The GOPe are concerned only for themselves. Which is why they deserve all of the scorn that can possibly be heaped upon them. Even so, all that is useless if the man's agenda is going to change daily at the whim of the moment.

Nonetheless I WILL vote for him in the general against whatever the Jackass party pukes up. Likewise I will vote for Cruz or Dr. Pyramids. If the GOPe succeeds in foisting one of their own on us at the convention I will vote for the Libertarian Party candidate. I also refuse to vote for Mark Sanford this time...I hope there is a Libertarian on the ballot in SC-1 this fall.

Epaminondas said...

anon - just where I am. But I am REALLY REALLY upset with this.

Pasto - trump, PROVIDED he does not appoint a progressive to SCOTUS will NEVER get the libel laws changed, as for eminent domain, the real conservatives will go crazy .. but i have no idea if any changes can be made. After all, Kelso was bad enuf

WHo knows, maybe an HRC prez will destroy the democratic party the way Hoover did the Republican from 1929-32?

All I can say is that an election I approached with he greatest enthusiasm a year ago has me GAGGING.

GO BERNIE!

Yippee kay yay

Anonymous said...

I prefer Cruz and his comprehension of our nations Constitution. I also find Trump has strengths which NONE of the other candidates exhibit. His children exhibit success despite his imperfections. If Trumps love of this country will result in a success resembling that projected by his well adjusted children, then that's a risk I'm willing to take when I pull the lever in November. https://youtu.be/IyPkshnIiyc

WC said...

EPA - See post I just made on GOPe new party.

Pastorius said...

Well, at least if Bernie's elected my kids can go to college for free, and all my musician friends can buy weed at 7-11.

Meanwhile, our nation will look like fucking Venezuela, but no one will care if the weed's good enough.

Nicoenarg said...

Ben Sasse is a tool. All these Republicans are acting like liberal media trying to destroy Trump. "Party of David Duke, Donald Trump"? AYFKM? The whole David Duke thing I thought was started by the liberal media. It seems like I was wrong and this was in fact started by the Republican Party themselves.