Monday, March 14, 2016

Rest In Peace

KEITH EMERSON

First concert of the well over a hundred I ever went to was Emerson Lake and Palmer at the Spectrum in Philly. I was maybe 15 at the time.

A friend and I convinced a priest at our school -- no kidding -- to drive us down for the price of a ticket and gas.

85 miles an hour on the Schuylkill Expressway, going the wrong way on ramps when he made a wrong turn, and he was happy to partake of the herbal remedies being passed around the floor.

Wow.

By the way, the tinnitus from all those shows is absolutely delicious.

 
 
 
 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Pastorius said...

Disturbing the Priest.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a Sabbath song, but I couldn't help myself.

midnight rider said...

;-)

Epaminondas said...

We seem to be losing some people lately.

Damn.

Really liked them

Anonymous said...

There behind the glass
Is a real blade of grass
Be careful as you pass
Move along - Move along