Friday, March 17, 2006

OhMyDumbJihad, We Hardly Knew Ye


Bye bye Mahmoud. Don't worry about the door hitting you in the ass on the way out. You ain't gon' have an ass:



London, Mar. 16 – The United States warned Iran through a secret channel that it would launch military attacks on a number of nuclear sites in Iran if there was no diplomatic progress a month after the Islamic Republic’s referral to the United Nations Security Council, according to a Persian-language website run by associates of the former Iranian president, Mohammad Khatami.

Khatami was quoted by the website Rooz Online as telling allies that he had received a message through a third party from a senior United States official during a visit to Germany last autumn.

The U.S. official had warned Iran that the U.S. would bomb the country’s nuclear sites “if there is no breakthrough in resolving Iran’s nuclear dossier a month after the case is referred to the Security Council”.

Khatami said that he conveyed the message to the country’s senior officials and the Supreme National Security Council, but “not much attention has been paid to it”, Rooz reported.

The International Atomic Energy Agency referred Iran to the Security Council at the end of the last meeting of its Board of Governors on March 8. The council can impose sanctions on Iran for violating its international obligations and concealing critical parts of its extensive nuclear program.

Iran’s top negotiator, Ali Larijani, reiterated on Thursday the theocratic regime’s rejection of Western demands that Tehran stop trying to produce fuel that can be used in nuclear power stations or, if highly enriched, in bombs. The United States said diplomacy must succeed to avert a confrontation with the Islamic Republic.


I remember when good ole Mahmoud used to go around threatening people and spouting off about the evil Jews. He was so earnest in his fervor. He was so cute in his naiivete.

It's really just too bad he couldn't figure it out in time. He had a lot of promise. He never got to prove himself. It's a tale of wasted potential.

Now, let us sing a song to his memory. This is an old Persian folk song. You all will recognize it. So, raise your glass and once you hear a few bars, join in with me.

Here goes:

With your drums and guns and guns and drums, hurroo,hurroo
With your drums and guns and guns and drums, hurroo,hurroo
With your drums and guns and guns and drums,
The enemy nearly slew ye

Oh my darling dear,
Ye look so queer
Mahmoud I hardly knew ye.

Where are your eyes that were so mild, hurroo, hurroo
Where are your eyes that were so mild, hurroo, hurroo
Where are your eyes that were so mild,
When my heart you so beguiled
Why did ye run from me and the child
Oh Mahmoud, I hardly knew ye

11 comments:

Christine said...

So, do you think countdown has really begun?

The Anti-Jihadist said...

Considering the source, is this legit info?

US preparations to launch any kind of major military operations against Iran would be preceded by some unmistakeable signs (movement of major units, like 6 carrier battle groups heading to the Indian Ocean for 'exercises'). StrategyPage recently ran a good article entitled "Signs the US is preparing to bomb Iran." So far I haven't seen any of those signs. Sure, there's planning and intel gathering going on behind the scenes. But I don't see the US attacking Iran next month, simply because there isn't enough time for the US to get ready that quickly.

Having said that, diplomacy looks more and more like a dead letter. The UN is its usual do-nothing impotent self. Seeing the rush to do nothing at Kofi Annan's place, I think odds of American action go up by the day.

LiquidLifeHacker said...

I think today that Iran wants to talk to the USA now about Iraq...maybe they are getting a bit nervous...but one only has to look at Israel to understand that any peace talks or truce means nothing with these two forked thugs! I think the people of Iran would be thrilled if someone would overthrow the iranian regime.

Pastorius said...

Liquidlifehacker,
Are you calling America a forked thug?

Huh?

Whatever.

Pastorius said...

Christine,
Yes, I think the countdown has begun. However, I think anti-Jihadist makes a good point. Militarily, the signs aren't there yet.

However, politically, we are beginning to see them.

Notice that Bush has "reaffirmed" his comittment to pre-emption, that he has accused Iran of hitting our troops with IED's, and that recently, Bolton has been unleashed to say that we "will" attack Iran (in an interview with our very own Atlas, by the way).

This is a done deal, in my opinion. That's why I have begun to speak of Ahmadinejad in the past tense. He's a goner.

Also, watch, I believe we will be attacked, and Israel, but the attack on Israel won't work. Somehow, Syria is the one that will get hit.

Let's see if I am right.

Hey J (if you are reading this), what do you think? Am I right, or what? I know Eyesall around agrees with me.

It will be interesting to see who comes out of this offering solutions and peace treaties.

Anonymous said...

I am not so sure that we would need to see so many overt signs of preparations. We are talking about strikes against some targets yes, but not "all out war" that would require a number of carrier groups. There was a recent redeployment (a month or two ago) of a number of F-16's to "South-east Asia" (deliberately non-specific language). I think there is certainly enough in place now to take out a number of sites. But a lot of support would be needed if the Iranians tried to hit back.

Kiddo said...

So, is anyone up for my Google Earth "Fill In the Blank" contest for Iran yet? Sorry, I'm having a hard time being serious at the moment.

The Anti-Jihadist said...

Yes, Pastorius, I concur. The political dominoes are lining up. The overt military movements needed (movement of Patriot missle batteries, request of overflight rights of countries adjacent or near Iran) have not yet happened. But the necessary political foreplay before the main event is now underway. This is about where we were in early 2002 in regards to Operation Iraqi Freedom. This puts the US-Iran war about a year away, in my view.

Epaminondas said...

I don't want to see any signs, I don't want to hear any speeches .. I don't want thundering rhetoric.

I don't want to have any other thing done or said ...

I just want to see the view from the Tomahawk nose TV after the smoking holes are discovered across Iran.

Nothing will deter them from building
Nothing will deter them from using

If you look at the World without Zionism poster, Israel falls whole into their lap because the US 'cueball' is broken already.

I do 'those people' as Bobby Lee would say, the respect of taking them seriously.

Why wait?
Kill the lot. They mean business

Pastorius said...

Good point Epa, about the US being broken already. That's why I expect us to get very soon.

Anti-Jihadist, I don't think we're a year away. I think we're 1-2 months away. We aren't going to need to line up as much stuff this time because we're only going to use bombs in my opinion.

But, those bombs will be terrible.

They won't be nukes, unless we are hit by nukes first.

Pastorius said...

Pim's Ghost,
I don't think we'll be using nukes on Iran, unless they nuke us first. So, I couldn't join in your Google Earth plan.