Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Admiring Israel

With every week it becomes harder to keep faith in the survival of Israel.

I don’t know about you, but whenever my faith weakens, in general, my little trick is to rekindle my sense of gratitude, and that tends to start the engine again. Appreciation alleviates the struggle, as taking full measure of accumulated treasures serves as good incentive to continue to work for victory, in order to preserve and perpetuate the bounty.
We in North America have been so blessed by our embrace of the Judeo half of Judeo-Christianity as part of the foundation of our civilization.

This little video is my small gesture of sincere appreciation for that blessing.

As flawed as their leadership is at the present time, the nation and its people still inspire me and teach me about the rewards that can come with honoring family, valuing knowledge, maintaining self-discipline… and showing gratitude; civilized behavior made all the more admirable considering the nature of the ongoing siege under which the nation of Israel finds itself.


5 comments:

Pastorius said...

Great post, Charles. As another goy (non-Jew) I second the sentiments expressed here.

I especially liked the part about rekindling one's faith through gratitude.

That's one of the big secrets of life, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Amen to that, with love and thanks to the Jewish community of Chelsea for helping give me a safe, happy, educated childhood in what was then the poorest city in Massachusetts. Shalom!

Watcher said...

That is a great video.

Charles Henry said...

Thank you, all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys. We need your support here...

And thanx to the creators of this blog, one of the best on the net!