Friday, January 12, 2007

Jimmy Carter, Detlef Dzembritsky And The Endless Pursuit Of Power


The Editrix posted here the other day on the subject of German politician Detlef Dzembritzki. Detlef seems to be quite the Arabist, having gone so far as to have gone against his governments policy to meet with a member of the terrorist-gang Hamas.

I commented to the Editrix that it's funny that Dzembritski behaves so much like Jimmy Carter, because he also looks like Jimmy Carter.

So, today the Editrix put up a new post comparing the two and questioned:


Are they perchance related or does rubbing shoulders with murderous scum change one's physiognony?


That got me to thinking about a character from literature and movies whose physiogony changed as the result of his obssession with power. And, oh my god, I realized that both Dzembritski and Carter bear a striking resemblance to that character as well.

Click here to see who I'm talking about.

3 comments:

Watcher said...

Gollum looks like Carter 2 years after death.

Pastorius said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

:)

The_Editrix said...

Interesting stuff... Now I think of it seriously, it strikes me that both faces have a *sensual* quality about which I am not too keen.

Maybe one really needs to function more sensually than cerebrally for the sort of shit those two men are producing.

And Gollum = Carter 2 years after death... that's just side-splittingly funny. And true!