Thursday, March 25, 2010

Someone Threw This In Over The Transom. . .

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel ” pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the promised land."

Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the promised land".

Now Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the promised land!

I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs & savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc . . . I called Lifeline.


Got a call center in Pakistan . I told them I was suicidal. They all got excited and asked if I could drive a truck....

11 comments:

Dag said...

Number one in hilarity!

I take off my hat to you. I'll do even more than that if you're a gal with a liking for middle-aged guys.

Pastorius said...

Good one.

Ray Boyd said...

"if you're a gal with a liking for middle-aged guys."

Nah . . . MR's a gunslinging, fast shootin mountain man. No, don't even think of Breakback Mountain or he'll get a posse together :)

Pastorius said...

I guess Dag was thinking of a different kind of Midnight Rider.

midnight rider said...

(psst, Ray, don't forget the hard drinkin')

Pastorius said...

Don't forget the part about him bein' a bluesman who made a deal with the devil.

midnight rider said...

dang if I didn't forget about that part myself

Pastorius said...

Yeah, you're like the Mickey Rourke character in Angel Heart.

midnight rider said...

Does that mean I get Lisa Bonet? Without the messy ending?

Pleeeeeeease. . .

Pastorius said...

Lisa Bonet is a woman who would tempt many men to make a deal with the devil.

midnight rider said...

Yep.