Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Americans" - The Pod People


Thank you to Charles Martel, who provide this quote from the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon:
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president." 

He's right. That quote is perfect.

And, that is why I consider the election of Barack Obama to be a personal betrayal. It has pulled the Earth out from underneath me to realize that I am surrounded by people who believe this is the best choice.

I find that I am surrounded not by fellow Americans who believe in American ideals - and can thus proceed on a somewhat rational course through history under the protection of those ideals - but instead I find that I am surrounded by "Americans" - simulations of citizens, people who look like neighbors and friends, but who are more like pod people, their souls hollowed out and replaced with the goo that oozes out of our televisions; the lure of free stuff, the worship of Barack Obama, and the desire to all have their own reality TV shows someday.

3 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Good analogy -- pod people.

Charles Martel said...

It's bad to be right sometimes, isn't it? In 2008 I had a pretty bad feeling, but how to explain it? And who would believe or even listen? How do you tell people that coincidences don't exist? That having an unknown entity come out of nowhere and defeat the powerful Clinton team is more than unlikely? That less than ten years after 9/11 to have a candidate with a name like Barack Hussein Obama defied all probabilities? I knew that all I had to do was wait and see how events developed in the following four years. To my regret, events unfolded as expected. Subtle at first, but becoming bolder as time went by, and the blind loyalty of the press and the stupidity of the populace proved no threat to his goals. And now the doors are wide open and the sky is the limit ... How I hate to be right in this case.

Pastorius said...

It makes me sick to my stomach, Charles.