Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Notes From The Underground of "America"


Today I met with a lady from the Philippines. She is 75 years old. She has been here 30 years. She has a Bachelors in Education, an She came with her sons when they were between 10-15 years of age.  

She has a Bachelors in Education, and she has taught English, and run businesses during her life here.

Her three sons are all highly educated and work as 1) a Chemical Engineer, 2) an Accountant, and 3) some kind of exec in the Medical Field.

Last night, after the election was called, they told her they want to quit their jobs and all move as a family back to the Philippines, because they hate Obama and they believe he will wreck the economy within a year.

I know how I feel, but I was surprised to hear the same feelings coming out of the mouth of an immigrant who has enjoyed the fruits of American opportunity. Those fruits are now, of course, the Grapes of Wrath.
Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, "Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth's vine, because its grapes are ripe." The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath. They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.

I've always believed we could overcome these problems. I was not really pessimistic about Obama being elected in 2008. The reason I was not is, I fully believed that once Americans saw what Obama would do (and what he has, indeed, done) they would overwhelmingly reject his ideas at the ballot box.

Instead, the American people have called out heartily, "Thank you, sir. May I have another."

These people are not the people I recognize as my fellows.

I have a friend who was born in America and has spent most of his life traveling. He says he sees a phenomenon, all over the world, of people who he calls, "Americans of the mind." In other words, these people long for Liberty and are willing to fight for their God-given right to enjoy it, even as they live under a government who would enslave them in various ways.

Now, I believe, we are those people. We are a people standing within the ruins of our once proud nation's borders, and our country is not our country anymore. We may be Americans, but there is no long a "America" for us to call our home.

We are exiles, like the Jews have been.

I guess it is not surprising. It seems the Bible tells us this will happen to God's people. And, if I am to believe that those who follow the Bible are "grafted onto" the Olive Tree, well, then it is not surprising that we will also suffer some of the curses of the Jewish people.

Judeo-Christianity, and it's development into a form of government, under which people could live in Freedom, has been a long and noble project.

But, it has come to an end. 

We are going to have to figure out a new way of existing in the midst of the falling, smoldering, stench and detritus of our once beautiful civilization.

That's my opinion, on November 7, 2012.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The American people did not vote for this. There was massive voter fraud and disfranchisement of whole sectors like our military. We are living under a criminal dictatorship.

Pastorius said...

It is hard to believe the Republican voter turnout was lower than for John Kerry in 2004.

But, other than that I think there is not any hard evidence of widespread voter fraud .

Obama won by 2 million plus votes.

Mr. AOW said...

If I could run to somewhere I would! But where to go?

Pastorius said...

I don't know.

Texas?
Canada?
Israel?

Nicoenarg said...

I've been to the Philippines. With all due respect to the lady, its the stupidest idea I've heard in a long time.

I know that conservatives are hurting but if I could, I would still live in the US over any other country in the world at the moment. And yes, I would pick the US over Israel.

You guys probably don't get it because maybe the US is all you've seen. But the world out there is a million times worse than the US.

Pastorius said...

I agree, it's a stupid idea.

But that's not really the point. The point is, even immigrants are pissed, and recognize that Obama is destroying the nation.

Reliapundit said...

we may be reduced to a remnant, but no matter:

there must be a remnant for a comeback to be staged in the future.

i hope in the near future, but you never know.

if sharansky could fight the kremlin then we can fight obama.

we want Venezuelans and chinese and north koreans and cubans to rise up against their tyrants.

we can rise up against ours.

Anonymous said...

Regarding voter fraud, there was the story of the Somalis being bussed to the polling stations in Michigan and Wisconsin with interpreters standing over them telling them how to vote. The illegal aliens in Nevada being told to vote by the union thugs. Hell, most illegal aliens have social security cards, so it's probably not too hard for them to vote. I've read some stories about people saying they showed up to vote, but were told they already had. You had the Philly intimidation squad out again. And how do you even know with voter machines that your vote is actually being cast as you cast it? You get no tangible proof. There were reports of machines in Chicago showing Obama's name when the person had voted for Romney. It was subsequently reported that the machines were "recalibrated." That made me feel confident. Thousands of absentee ballots still to be counted in Florida. That story of the the absentee ballots for military members not making it to them in time. How many people in Illinois voted that were actually dead? Do you think the media will investigate voter fraud in this election? I'm pissed that Obama won, but I don't trust our system, but I guess I'm the only one? Can't imagine how horrible it must feel like to lose to a fraud like BHO.

Always On Watch said...

Over a period of several hours, I read this post three times.

I've always believed we could overcome these problems. I was not really pessimistic about Obama being elected in 2008. The reason I was not is, I fully believed that once Americans saw what Obama would do (and what he has, indeed, done) they would overwhelmingly reject his ideas at the ballot box.

Instead, the American people have called out heartily, "Thank you, sir. May I have another."


I have always been more of a pessimist than you, Pastorius. Is that because I am a teacher? Probably. I've seen the deterioration of commitment to education within the homeschool group since I first began doing this kind of work in 1998.

The sense of entitlement and the vast concern over self-esteem continue to work havoc throughout our society. People's capability to what reality is never ceases to astound me -- as long as they are living comfortably, that is.

In fact, as long as they are living comfortably, they don't care about ideas or ideals -- never mind their protests to the contrary.

How about this one? I know a lot of Christian conservatives who, nevertheless, work for the federal government. For the HHS, for God's sake! I'm speaking of staunch Christians who are strongly pro-life. And, still, they work for the HHS -- and sleep well at night, too. They are not willing to live by their Christian principles IF doing so impacts them economically.

Many who claim vociferously that they are walking with the Lord are not!

The above is just the tip of the iceberg.

Personal expediency -- selling out to the enemy -- is now the "American way."

America has destroyed herself. Now, this is "America," as you pointed out.

Pastorius said...

Anonymous,
It would have to be massive voter fraud.

If that is the case, more will come out.

However, it is all water under the bridge now. Even if it does come out, nothing will be done about it.

If you are right and the American people did not vote for this, that is good news.