Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Liberal Columnist Calls For Killing NRA Members, Declaring Group A “Terrorist Organization,” Des Moines Register Publishes Column

A boot stamping on a human face forever

[T]hat’s obscene. Here, then, is my “madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore” program for ending gun violence in America: 
• Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right. 
• Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me. 
• Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control. 
And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures. None of that is going to happen, of course. But I’ll bet gun sales will rise.

3 comments:

Always On Watch said...

A lot on the Left are thinking this way.

Really.

I've watched my 70-something liberal neighbor become more and more radical ever since Obama got elected. This neighbor of mine used to be a pacifist and used to uphold our Constitution.

No more!

The anger I've seen in neighbor! It's surreal. I've known this man since 1978. Something weird has happened to him.

What worries me....That there are more and more people like my neighbor. They are turning into Damiens.

What the hell is happening?

midnight rider said...

I'd begin by saying that first maybe Kaul needs a visit from Federal agents for threatening the leaders of the House and Senate with violence. You know, the same kind of outcry and rage Mr. Nugent received in the wake of his comments.

But that won't happen, of course.

So then I'd suggest NRA members (and other gun owners) start taking their Constitutional right seriously and begin to carry. Just in case anyone tries to take this moron seriously.

Maybe Kaul should be reading Pravda

Pastorius said...

Well, since the guy wants to do away with the Constitution, we ought to declare him a treasonous danger to the State, and we ought to hunt him down and terminate his command ...

with extreme prejudice.