This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o’clock at night:
1. Confiscation of "assault weapons"
2. Confiscation [of] ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder's information to be [revealed] to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as "assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons
We know precisely what Democrats want: they seek to confiscate all firearms from law-abiding citizens, leaving only the state (and criminals) with a monopoly on force. These people are precisely the would-be tyrants our Founders feared, and on whom they placed explicit constraints as they designed the Constitution.
These Democrats are your prototypical, power-hungry elitists who despise the very citizenry they purport to serve.
They want to label certain things "assault weapons"?
Well, here it is: I'm labeling every current member of the Democrat Party an assault weapon on the Constitution.
Read the full story here.