Friday, January 04, 2013

The Way It Should Be

Texas: Everyone Here Probably Owns a Gun, Is Carrying One, or Is Thinking About It



Q: How long is the waiting period to buy a Handgun / Shotgun / Rifle in Texas?
A: There is no waiting period for purchasing a firearm in the state of Texas.
Q: I just moved to Texas, do I have to register my firearms?
A: No, there is no state registration of firearms.
Q: I just inherited / bought a gun from someone in Texas, do I need to transfer the gun to my name?
A: No, there is no state registration of firearms, thus there is no requirement transfer the firearm in your name.
...
Q: Can I carry a firearm in my vehicle?
A: Yes. With the passage of the Motorist Protection Act you may now readily carry handguns, loaded and within reach, so long as you conceal the firearm. Long guns (rifles / shotguns) do not have to be concealed and may be loaded and within reach.
Q: Are machine guns / suppressors / short-barreled firearms, etc. legal in the state of Texas?
A: Yes. All NFA rules apply. See this FAQ for more info regarding Class III / Title II items.
Q: Are "assault weapons" banned in Texas?
A: No. Texas abides by Federal law which at this time has no restrictions on so-called "assault weapons" such as semi-auto AR15, FAL, G3 / HK91 rifles.
Q: Is there a limit on the number of rounds a magazine may hold?
A: No. The only limit on magazines in Texas is the number of rounds you are physically able to cram into the thing and/or carry and/or afford.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God Bless Texas! I have been looking for a job there for a long time. Please Lord, get me out of the Islamic Republic of Illinois!